maybe a silly question...

Options
what do you actually do with 'friends' on here? i lost around 1.5 stone using my fitness pal last year but just doing the diary, not interacting with anyone on here...lost my motivation for various reasons after thr summer and have gained 2 stone

Replies

• TerranandKaylynsmommy
    Options
    You encourage them , like their posts, ask them questions, and look at their diary for inspiration. At least that's what I do. :)
  • GymGirl565
    GymGirl565 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    thanks, just wondering if its helpfull as i find a diet / healthy eating plan really hard to stick with, but have always thought in the past i am too busy with two young kids to spend lots of time talking to people online, am planning to start my diary again tomorrow... and hopefully stick to it
  • TerranandKaylynsmommy
    Options
    GymGirl565 wrote: »
    thanks, just wondering if its helpfull as i find a diet / healthy eating plan really hard to stick with, but have always thought in the past i am too busy with two young kids to spend lots of time talking to people online, am planning to start my diary again tomorrow... and hopefully stick to it

I completely understand. I have a 5 and a 6 yr old myself. My family and I eat completely different diets as I eat gluten and dairy free and they eat everything lol. All I can say it does get easier. Good luck doll you've got this
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I've used mfp several times in the past and have recently returned.
    A lot of people here have friends for encouragement and inspiration. They find it helpful to be able to chat with people who may be going through similar struggles. There's even groups for just about anything ( young moms with young kids, senior citizens, low carb, vegan, whatever) some people find it helpful to have others to commiserate with that have similar interests.
    With that being said though,I don't interact with my friends on here. I accept the requests because I don't want to be a D bag but I don't find it particularly helpful right now to interact much.
    Maybe try it and see if you can find some others that are also busy moms looking to lose weight, it might be helpful to you.
  • GymGirl565
    GymGirl565 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    haha thanks, just from reading posts in these forums I started to wonder if Im the only one going it alone x