Turbo Jammers 2/9-2/15

Options

Replies

• gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Hello Turbo Girls!
    Just wanted to give you guys an update! I purchased CP2 & 3, Fat Blaster, Lower Body and the 3T DVD's. I gave them a try this week and since my last weight in on Jan 26th I have lost 3 lbs! Yeah! I love the new videos. Today is my day to double up on my workouts and I am going to try to do CP3 and 3T. I bet I will be sore tonight! Good luck this week ladies and keep up the hard work!

That's great! Glad you are enjoying your workouts:drinker:
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    Great job on today's workout, Dragonfly...have fun tonight as well!!!:flowerforyou:

Annette...I LOVE Turbo Jam! I have had my dvd's (bought the maximum results package) about 3 weeks ago. It was a great investment:bigsmile: A big thank you to Sara for turning me onto TJ!!!!
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    I did CP and 30 min of pilates this afternoon. I'm shooting for Ab Jam tonight once the kiddos go to bed!

Have a great afternoon all!!!!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Dragonfly-You sound like an infomercial :laugh: In a positive way though :heart: 7 lbs in 3 weeks is great results...it makes you want to continue. I am so proud of you for getting your "multiple" workouts in. Good luck on your goal. I need to do Ab Jam more often (like 3 or 4 times a week), but I'm just not ready to commit to it yet (I'm lucky if I remember to do it once a month).

Jalley-Congrats on your weight loss! If you keep up with the workouts the weight will just keep coming off! Anytime you can combine your cardio and your toning you will get a great workout. I did CP and 3T on Monday and my triceps are still sore. Stick with us girl...you are getting stronger everyday. As for your ticker...top of the page "tools" click, tickers, click, it will walk you thru it.

Msplatts- I was doing the 30 day shred with my TJ but I had to stop. After TJ it was a torture session....terrible music, no flow/rhythm to the workout, and having to listen to Jillian....I thought I was going to die. I got to the point were I was working out with my MP3 player on, so I didn't have to hear the dvd. I feel your pain girly and totally understand. Glad your pants are too big...feels great doesn't it.

To the lady asking if she should buy the workouts....sorry I missed your name...the answer is Yes! Just do it...you will NEVER go back to your dull boring workouts again. NEVER! I don't care which ones you get just get them. The basic set (the 5 workouts and then a cardio or PK&J) is good because it contains the "Learn & Burn" a little tutorial to help you get the moves down. Good form = great results...but if you are already in shape and it sounds like you are go ahead and jump in with whatever you can get your hands on.

Chase---glad you order the dvds. I'm so excited to hear what you think. I know you will love them!

I did CP3 and Booty and Abs today. Feels good. Did my push ups as well...ugh my arms hurt! Anyway gotta go to the store cuz I didn't make it yesterday.
    Keep Jammin my little Addicts! :heart:
  • megan0313
    Options
    Wow Dragonfly...you're a machine! :heart: Awesome job to everyone else today too! :flowerforyou: Drevans_mom, I did the same as you today and I'm feeling pretty good. Hubby and I have a "date night" tonight so I'm trying to work in some extra calories for dinner. :wink:
    Have a great evening everyone!
  • shapelychic
    Options
    Sorry to bud in girls, not sure what you guys are all doing but I just started turbo jam this Monday. I sent out a topic asking if anyone knows how many calories you burn doing Cardio party, Ab Jam and 20 mintue workout. I don't have a HRM :explode: and I just wanted a ball park for each workout if any of you know. Also, if you are going to conitnue your daily checkins I would love to be included. I am not sure what some of the terms you are using are as maybe i don't have the same videos. Are there new more intense versions out there? I have the learn & burn, 20 minute and turbo sculpt and then cardio party and ab ajm. Does the max set give you the CP2 and CP3 you guys are talking about? Again so sorry to bud in this late in the game but I plan on continuing these workouts and would love the support you guys give each other. Any and all responses would be appreciated, especially the calories burned. Thanks so much:flowerforyou:
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi there...just talked with you on the other thread :laugh: Glad you're joining us! And soon you'll know all the Turbo Jam ling :wink: The DVD you have is plenty to start with, and if you get addicted to it like we are I'm sure you'll want to look into getting some more!:flowerforyou:
  • annette02
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the help!! :smile:

Drangonfly - I was wondering, when you say you got the "variety pack" Was it all 10 videos for one price, or did you have to buy them individualy?

Also, has anyone bought used TJ videos on amazon? Was wondering if they were good quality, like no scratches or skips?
  • jalley31
    jalley31 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Annette02...I just bought my new set of DVD's that included FB, CP2, CP3, T3. LB on amazon and have used all of them this week. None of them have scratches or anything. Good quality-I purchased it from seller "fitness-4-you" and it was around $75 for the whole thing with shipping! What a great buy! I have the older DVD's and love those....BUT I really LOVE the new one's. I definitely suggest this buy!
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Family,
    Shapelychic, you are definetly welcome! :drinker: I'm new to this thread too,,just joined in January, and became a regular after the ladies peaked my curiosity about TJ. I work long hours and don't have any workout partners ( i'm a dvd'er not a gym person...yet) Had to stop going to weight watchers because I can't work it in the budget any longer but I tell you what .. these ladies on this thread and this website have made such a difference in a short amount of time. My weight loss journey has been a long one(was 255 now 175 and I still have a long way to go:happy: ). I am very grateful for the support that's here. I've got my spark back.:heart: Hope you find what I've found ~ motivation to keep heading towards the goal!! As for logging the workouts - Kickboxing/Judo was what seemed closest ,I'm told. Depending on my intensity I log it that way or high intensity aerobics. Drevansmom helped me with that one.
    I was going to do ab jam but I ended up doing PK &J instead. I am exhausted now but a good exhausted, Woo Hoo!!
    Annette- It was the "Max Set" off of the beach body website - All 10 for 1 price + plus the treats! think it was around 80.00(???)
    Hey Megan - hope your date nite was awesome!! Nothing like quality time with your honey!!
    Drevansmom - sounds like you're getting some good workouts in!! Keep it up!!
    Gottaluvboys - Miss consistency !!! you are amazing!!!
    Jalley31- Glad you got your set... and you used them ALL this week???? That's fantastic!!
    Where's 3babybeans????
    Love to all I missed and check ya later!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the help!! :smile:

Drangonfly - I was wondering, when you say you got the "variety pack" Was it all 10 videos for one price, or did you have to buy them individualy?

Also, has anyone bought used TJ videos on amazon? Was wondering if they were good quality, like no scratches or skips?

I got FB off of eBay & didn't have any problems whatsoever! Good luck to you!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Hey, Dragonfly!! I'm right here! I forgot to check in with my workouts yesterday! *smacks forehead* It was one of those days. It was "toning" day for me so I did AbJam, TS & then the 20 min. workout. I hurt my back somehow this week at some point so I'm not sure what I'll be getting in today. I'm hoping for PK&J, but we'll see. How does AbJam turn into PK&J!? LOL Good for you!
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    Hey, Dragonfly!! I'm right here! I forgot to check in with my workouts yesterday! *smacks forehead* It was one of those days. It was "toning" day for me so I did AbJam, TS & then the 20 min. workout. I hurt my back somehow this week at some point so I'm not sure what I'll be getting in today. I'm hoping for PK&J, but we'll see. How does AbJam turn into PK&J!? LOL Good for you!

I was thinking the same thing...from Ab Jam to PK&J! What a leap!!!! WTG, Girl:drinker: :drinker:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,
    hope everyone is doing well and ready for the day!
    3baby beans - sorry you hurt your back!!:cry: hope you get better real soon ~ just listen to your body and don't over do. we want you back in tip top form really soon!
    As for how Ab Jam turned into PB &J (PB & J, lol) I have no idea, :laugh: Just one of those days I guess! Just glad I did it! Any extra is always welcome. I did CP3 this morning before work but my intensity level wasn't as "up" as I like it ~ so I logged it as high intensity instead of kickboxing.
    I think toning is on the agenda for tonight ~ ab jam and 20min or TS (not both!!!) Kind of getting used to 2/days...Thannks for inspiring me Gottaluvboys!!

Hi to all else who haven't checked in yet ~ I'll be checking in later!!

Make it a great day:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    WTG on getting your workout in this AM and planning on more tonight! You go:flowerforyou:

I'm going to look for some additional TJ dvd's later on today on ebay...fingers crossed I can score a few. I would really like another one of the cardio party mixes!

I'll be laying the kiddos down soon...I am definitely planning on TS and will go from there.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Did PK&J today...and that's all :smile: I was going to try and sneek in some more but...I didn't wanna push my luck with the baby sleeping.

Great job to those that have gotten their workouts in! I wish I had the energy at the end of the day to get one more in but I just dont. After dinner I sit on the couch and don't move until bed time, and even then I don't wanna move. It's a good thing I get my workouts done in the morning or I'd never lose weight :laugh:
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I did CP2 yesterday for the first time with a heart rate monitor. I had been logging it as aerobic-general with 390 calories burned. While doing it with the HRM, I only burned 300 calories :angry: . My intensity was too high - I kept going over my targeted heart rate range. Maybe that's why, even though I've been bringing it when I work out, I still wasn't losing much - my intensity is too high. :huh: :noway:

Any thoughts from the experts??

On the plus side, I have been getting my butt out of bed at 5am :yawn: to do 1/2 hour on the treadmill, burning about 170 to 180 cals each time. That little extra bit of cals helps keep me from going over my calories. :bigsmile: Plus, I'm awake early enough to actually make and eat breakfast before I go to work!

Keep Jammin' Everbody!!
  • msplatts
    Options
    So last night I did the Kickin Core routine for the first time. The first 30 minutes are basically a cardio party with very little instruction. It made me feel very uncordinated and we didn't use the ball at all. I did however use the gloves when I figured out it was cardio. The last 15 minutes was ball work. And overall, I thought it was okay, but wasnt sure what kind of workout it was. Well I am very much feeling the pain this morning :happy: . Plus I did burn 395 calories for 45 minutes. So overall, this one was much better than I thought. I do love the ab section & think I'm going to do this everyday since I don't have Ab Jam anymore.

I'm heading to Seattle tonight to visit my brother & I'm going to workout while I'm there since I know we will be eating out & having beverages. Everyone, have a fantastic weekend!
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    drevans mom...WTG on today's workout!!! Enjoy the rest of your nigth:drinker:

meanness...WTG on your workout! I wish I could help you, but I don't have a HRM. My biggest fear is that I'm overeating:sad: compared to what I'm burning!

msplatts...glad you enjoyed the workout! Have to love ab work:wink: Have a fun and safe weekend:flowerforyou:

I just finished my workout...20 minute workout, TS, and Ab Jam. I'm hoping to do some other cardio later tonight...either CP or 20 minute workout again. We'll see!
  • shapelychic
    Options
    Thanks for the invite and the encouragment. I will definitely continue to be apart of your support as i need it. I do the tapes everyday and go to the gym 4-6 days a week. I have the first set and am now interested int he second set you all are talking about. Today I did CP1 and tonight I will do Ab Jam and 20 minute. GO LADIES!! Keep up all the hard work. :smile: