what am I doing wrong?

meldjk44
meldjk44 Posts: 28 Member
I have been staying on the suggested calorie intake by MFP. I have been hitting the gym 3 days a week, and been on a 50 day streak. I have only lost about 7lbs. I feel as though I should have lost more. any suggestions?
Please don't be rude or judgmental. this is a serious question, as I am not very knowledgeable in the nutrition aspect. I am 5 feet tall with a SW of 172 and CW of 163.5
Thank you

Replies

• tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    In addition to congrats on those 7 pounds - congrats on the 50 day streak! Keep celebrating these Non Scale Victories (NSV). You’re off to a fantastic start.
  • sarahpedrys
    sarahpedrys Posts: 16 Member
    When I'm feeling like I'm not losing weight like I should, I reduce my salt and increase my water intake. The scale almost always shows weight loss the next day. Water retention sucks.
  • 25agirard
    25agirard Posts: 51 Member
    I've been logging for 56 days and am just a bit bigger than you to start--I'm only down 8 lbs as well!! I am weighing food, and logging everything--I keep feeling frustrated too--however---when i think of it as a lb a week than I guess that makes sense and is reasonable. I would much rather it be 2 lbs a week ;) but I am going to keep on keeping on and hopefully, by June when I start wearing a bathing suit everyday with my girls I won't feel so down!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Fast weight loss isn't a good thing--better slow and steady. Some weeks you may not lose. Weight loss is not always constant, it's the trend over time that counts. Take your measurements once a week and then you can see progress when you hit a rough patch. Just keep going, read the success threads on here when you feel down and you will get where you want to be. Best of luck.
  • meldjk44
    Fast weight loss isn't a good thing--better slow and steady. Some weeks you may not lose. Weight loss is not always constant, it's the trend over time that counts. Take your measurements once a week and then you can see progress when you hit a rough patch. Just keep going, read the success threads on here when you feel down and you will get where you want to be. Best of luck.

Thank you so much! you are absolutely right. I read the success stories all the time and it motivates me more!
  • meldjk44
    25agirard wrote: »
    I've been logging for 56 days and am just a bit bigger than you to start--I'm only down 8 lbs as well!! I am weighing food, and logging everything--I keep feeling frustrated too--however---when i think of it as a lb a week than I guess that makes sense and is reasonable. I would much rather it be 2 lbs a week ;) but I am going to keep on keeping on and hopefully, by June when I start wearing a bathing suit everyday with my girls I won't feel so down!

oh wow we are almost the same! I didn't lose any weight last week and I was upset but I took pictures and noticed a big difference!
  • meldjk44
    Well done that’s a really good healthy loss. Also because you are going to gym as well then you might be gaining a little more muscle. I measure as well and there have been times when I haven’t lost weight but am actually smaller.
    Keep doing what your doing

that's a great Idea! I am going to start doing measurements instead of weighing myself so much! my weight keeps going up and down so I get really down. but pictures have been helping me out! thank you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!