Rudys nurtrition Info? Please help

Options
gecho
gecho Posts: 426 Member
I'm trying to find out the calories in Rudys BBQ breakfast tacos. It is one of my husbands and my fave places to go now that one has opened up in a town near us. but i'm trying to find out the calories in it. Can anybody help?

my breakfast taco of choice is:
1 flour tortilla
Refried beans
brisket
potatoes
bacon

i'm looking for individual calories if possible. I'm trying to build several different variations.

Replies

• thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    google the calorie info for each individual ingredient and add it together for an estimate...
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Try to find Taco Cabana or Bill Millers breakfast tacos. They should have one that is very similar and you can use their info.
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You can google the calorie info for most of Rudy's foods. The breakfast taco that's just egg and bacon is 245 calories. So yours is going to be quite a bit higher.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I think you are going to have to do some leg work with a google search. Their website doesn't have a "build" option like Chipolte.

Here is the closest I could find doing a quick search - but lots of results came up: http://www.fitclick.com/how_many_calories_in_Rudys_Texas_BBQ_Breakfast_Taco_Sausage_Egg_Cheese_?fd=306860

You could just search individual components -- add about 20% calories because it's a restaurant and they'll have used oil, butter, etc in cooking for flavor.
  • gecho
    Options
    for everybody that did and was going to tell me to google the answer, I DID google it first. i couldn't find a breakdown so i thought i'd ask here. thanks though.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, generally if you can't find it in a quick google search (after checking the main sites of here, Calorie King and Spark People), they don't publish the information and you're going to have to "guestimate."

I've found this out after wasting lots of time calling restaurants, etc. If it isn't on the internet - generally, it's not available.
  • gecho
    Options
    Thanks for the help:smile: