Fat and over 40! On a mission to get fit

Bel7024
Bel7024 Posts: 23 Member
Looking for similar people to help motivate each other. I want to lose 14kilos by July. Looking for tips and tricks to get this weight drop moving!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    No tricks needed! The tip is a slow steady calorie deficit, nothing too crazy and get a food scale to get accurate with counting calories.
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Hi and welcome! I have been at it for almost 100 days, and dropped just over 30 lbs. You can do it!

Set up your profile, stats, and desired weight loss goals, and then track, weigh, and log everything and you will be on your way.

I also recommend adding some type of fitness program that involves both cardio and strength training several times a week.

Good luck! Feel free to reach out or browse my food diary if you have any questions.
  • DreeBee71
    DreeBee71 Posts: 0 Member
    Hi! I am over 40 (46) and have been having a very hard time these last couple years with losing weight. I have always been active and I workout a lot but I think my age and metabolism caught up with me and suddenly it wasn’t enough. What I have found to be the most helpful is tracking literally every bite of food with this apps calorie tracker, and also I only eat within an 8 hour period and fast the rest of the day. So I don’t eat anything until 10am and I am sure to have my last bite of food by 6pm. I drink coffee in the am with a touch of almond milk, and In the evenings I have hot tea. So basically no calories going in for a 16 hour period, which gives my body a chance to burn fat. I also do my workout in the am, after my coffee and before I eat. This combination has helped me shed 5 pounds and I am soooo hopeful & excited because I haven’t been able to budge a pound in years! Feeling positive and also looking for tips for weight loss over 40 :)
  • smalltalk85
    smalltalk85 Posts: 5 Member
    Drink lots of water, avoid soft drinks and fast food. Avoid processed foods. Focus on your diet big time!!! Good exercise program
    And u'll be victorious!
    I lost 75 lbs by cutting soft drinks and fast food. I had a big problem. Over 1 gallon of soda a day and fast food every meal. I eat lots of fresh veggies , drink mostly water and green tea. I feel a lot better... more energy! GOOD LUCK!!! UR GONNA CRUSH IT!!!