Heel pain

Options
Hello. I have been getting a lot of heel pain lately. I’m not sure if it is being caused by exercise or what. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could help?

Replies

• mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Does this sound like what you have?
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/plantar-fasciitis/symptoms-causes/syc-20354846

You may want to visit your dr. and get some advice. I had a fried who had success with physical therapy to treat it. It's one of those things that generally doesn't get better by ignoring it, from what I hear.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What exercise are you doing?
  • hinnasharifaie7006
    Options
    I do Orangetheory
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    OP I can't dx you but heelpain sounds like heelspurs &/or Plantar Fasciitis which I had for 20 years. It was literally the reason I gained all the weight in the first place! This is what I did, IDK if this will work for you: spent tons on shoes, so my rec is to get some Hoka One Ones bc they have "maximalist cush" - they stopped my husband from getting PF, seriously. I would not wait to do this either.

What happens in PF, if anyone is reading this is tears & scar tissue & the pain gets progressively worse & worse. SOME ppl have a bout of it & heal right away without doing anything. This was not my case. I got Graston, expensive German shoes, expensive orthotics, orthotic molds for my feet, soft orthotics OTC, I literally spend thousands & thousands on trying to cure myself.

But what actually really healed me was homeopathy & yes it sounds crazy but I used RHUS TOX & I cleared up within 3 days. Before that, and you could prob see my posts all over MFP about my Plantar Fasciitis problems, it was horrible. RHUS TOX is actually poison ivy in minute doses & it was just amazing, it worked. When you take it, your feet feel hot & pulsing but then it stops and the PF pain goes away.

I haven't had PF in a year but my husband & I discussed this the other day - - it took me 1 year after healing from it to be almost normal. I still have flare ups (like today) but then I pop Rhus Tox & I'm better.

GL
  • hinnasharifaie7006
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I will try the Rhus tox
  • Gretaholden1
    Gretaholden1 Posts: 18 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Here is a solution that may work for your heel pain. Find a belt and sit on the floor or bed with your legs straight in front of you or as close to that position as it comfortable. Bend your leg and make a loop in the belt place the belt on the pad of your foot just below the toes. So you should have one end of the belt in each hand with the loop middle around the pad of your foot just below your toes. Straighten out your leg. Gently but firmly pull with both hands on the belt pulling your toes towards your knees, Stretching your achillies tendon in the back of your heel. Repeat this on each leg three or four repetitions. Give it three or four days and see if you are not pain free. Be advised that this will only work temporarily unless you keep stretching, however if you do it regularly you should become pain free. If this does not resolve your issue you need to consult a podiatrist. My sister went to a podiatrist and this is what he told her to do. When I mentioned I was having horrible pain in my heels she told me to do this. It worked for both of us. I have been pain free for years now and if I have a flare up I grab a belt and stretch.