Is losing weight with an unhealthy diet possible?

Options
Any recommendations on what to do, i don’t eat a lot of fruits or vegetables but im looking to drop some weight and tone up. Should i just stick with cardio and lots of reps?

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    You lose weight by eating less calories than you burn. By whatever means you accomplish that.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    And a calorie deficit.
  • jb050794
    jb050794 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat a lot of fruits or veggies, maybe take some vitamin pills or gummies? Some vitamins are important for muscle growth and metabolism.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit is all that is required for weight loss.

You have nutritional needs you want to consider for your overall health and you need to get sufficient protein to support your muscle mass while losing weight, otherwise you probably won't get the "toned" look you're seeking.
  • jb050794
    Options

You have nutritional needs you want to consider for your overall health and you need to get sufficient protein to support your muscle mass while losing weight, otherwise you probably won't get the "toned" look you're seeking.

Is your profile pic a turtle eating mashed potatoes??
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    jb050794 wrote: »

Yes.
  • jb050794
    Options
    jb050794 wrote: »

Yes.

That's awesome B)
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Mind your calories
    Mind your protein
    Mind your micros(vitamins/minerals)
    Train for your health/lifestyle goals

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    There is nothing about my diet that most people would view as healthy. I can lose weight without much problem if I control how much I eat. It's not easy, but it really is simple.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Tone up means losing fat while maintaining muscle. Set your calories to lose, don't skimp on protein, and lift heavy. No need to do a lot of rips. Cardio helps you get more calories so do that if you want. If your current diet is very nutritionally poor, be aware you could be doing your health a disservice. Besides that, weight loss is pretty simple and you can achieve it on any kind of diet.