Edamame Spaghetti

Options
Does anyone know if Edamame Spaghetti is actually good for weight loss or is it one of those “healthy” not healthy foods?

Replies

• erica_today
    erica_today Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Its still calories. Calories are the same as other calories.

Now the pasta does have lots of protein and fiber which is better for you than regular pasta and I really love the edamame pasta I love the texture and flavor but the rest of my family hates it.

I have a more expanded set of taste buds.

But it won't help you lose any more weight eating 200 calories of that pasta compared to 200 calories of regular pasta.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It's lower carb and higher protein than regular spaghetti.

It's neither good nor bad for weight loss.

I think it's really tasty, I eat it because my husband follows a low carb diet for his IBS.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    It's neither good nor bad. It's a food that can fit into a calorie deficit (which is what creates weight loss), but it can also be eaten in a diet that isn't creating a calorie deficit.
  • chantalemarie
    chantalemarie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Its still calories. Calories are the same as other calories.

Now the pasta does have lots of protein and fiber which is better for you than regular pasta and I really love the edamame pasta I love the texture and flavor but the rest of my family hates it.

I have a more expanded set of taste buds.

But it won't help you lose any more weight eating 200 calories of that pasta compared to 200 calories of regular pasta.

This^^
    weight loss = no
    more nutrients = yes