5'6, 220lbs looking to lose

Options
jordanhillary
jordanhillary Posts: 46 Member
edited February 2018 in Introduce Yourself
I am 28 years old, 5'6" and 220lbs. The lowest weight I have been is 150, and the highest 230. My current goal weight is 180. My end goal weight is 150.

I'm eating 1440cals a day and aiming to lose 2lbs per week. I use a food scale for everything and log every day.

I'm looking for friends that have similar stats as me. Even if we aren't that much alike, it would still be great to be friends! But there's something really inspiring to me about doing it alongside someone with the same goal, starting around the same place.

If you have an open diary, that would be great too! I'm going to open mine up. Sometimes it's just helpful to see what other people are munchin' on!

Hope to find some new friends soon!

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • aeloine
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Here's a handy guide to get you started.

4negcj0ppr8f.jpg
  • jordanhillary
    edited February 2018
    Options
    On the original post, I said I ate 1140 calories a day. I meant to say I eat 1440 calories a day. It is now edited!! Thanks!
  • vajoseph
    vajoseph Posts: 14 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me! I am 28 years old, 5'7 and 231 lbs. My mini goal is to be under 200lbs (which would be a pre-high school weight). My macro goal is to be in the 170-180 range. My food diary is open and I eat about 1700 calories a day and I love food so this has been really tough.
  • aeloine
    Options
    On the original post, I said I ate 1140 calories a day. I meant to say I eat 1440 calories a day. It is now edited!! Thanks!

Awesome! Sorry to jump on you like that but we have so many people coming to these forums with extremely unrealistic and even dangerous calorie restrictions.
  • Justn83
    Justn83 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Options
    Hey!
  • jordanhillary
    edited February 2018
    Options
    It's all good! It's necessary that you do that, though! I can't tell you how much that chart helped me in the beginning when I started to lurk on the forums. It might save someone else that's reading. Thank you for being on top of it!
  • thebaztard
    thebaztard Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    looks more like a liability disclaimer and is very much a one size fits all approach. Best advise is to discuss your diet and calorie intake with your Dr. Use MFP for the tool it was intended to be and not a bible.
  • jordanhillary
    Options
    thebaztard wrote: »
    looks more like a liability disclaimer and is very much a one size fits all approach. Best advise is to discuss your diet and calorie intake with your Dr. Use MFP for the tool it was intended to be and not a bible.

I am using MFP for the tool it was intended to be. Can you clarify what looks like a "one size fits all approach"?
  • SelenaMariaStewart
    SelenaMariaStewart Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’3”, 170 lbs and aiming for 130. Heaviest weight was 240 and smallest was 137. Ive been fighting with my weight for a long time. Feel free to add me :) I do cardio and strength train 4 days a week. Looking to lose fat and shred this body ;)
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Very similar stats here!

Except I am 20 years your senior and recently diagnosed with diabetes. Don't be me in 20 years, but I would be happy to walk with you now!
  • LMT236psu
    LMT236psu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi--I'm 36, 5'8" and currently 213. Goal is to be 165, and the smallest I have been as and adult is 150. Heaviest I was 290, so I have made some progress, but want to improve from where I am now.
  • akiraherr
    akiraherr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    hello! I'm 21 and 5'4 at 208 lbs, I'd love to get down to 140 eventually. previously I never really paid attention to my weight and over the years it just slowly climbed up when I hit 220 I decided it was time to reverse direction. I joined this app not to long ago and so far it has been great! looking forward to keep losing lbs with everyone!
  • jordanhillary
    Options
    Saibasu wrote: »
    I’m 5’3”, 170 lbs and aiming for 130. Heaviest weight was 240 and smallest was 137. Ive been fighting with my weight for a long time. Feel free to add me :) I do cardio and strength train 4 days a week. Looking to lose fat and shred this body ;)

That's awesome to hear! Did you lose from 240-170lbs using MFP?

• jordanhillary
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Very similar stats here!

Except I am 20 years your senior and recently diagnosed with diabetes. Don't be me in 20 years, but I would be happy to walk with you now!

I'm sorry to hear that. Thank you for sharing. Friend request sent!
  • jordanhillary
    Options
    lmb236 wrote: »
    Hi--I'm 36, 5'8" and currently 213. Goal is to be 165, and the smallest I have been as and adult is 150. Heaviest I was 290, so I have made some progress, but want to improve from where I am now.

Thank you for responding! Did you lose all the weight using MFP? You look really great..Your picture is incredibly inspiring! Friend request sent!
  • jordanhillary
    Options
    vajoseph wrote: »
    Hi! Feel free to add me! I am 28 years old, 5'7 and 231 lbs. My mini goal is to be under 200lbs (which would be a pre-high school weight). My macro goal is to be in the 170-180 range. My food diary is open and I eat about 1700 calories a day and I love food so this has been really tough.

Yeah, 150 was my high school weight. I love food too, so I feel you. I sent you a friend request so we can support one another. What is your ultimate goal?

• sarei5185
    sarei5185 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'4" and currently 201 lbs. My goal is 175 for starters and mostly to have some tone and muscle definition. My lowest weight was when I got married 10 years ago (143) and my heaviest was 211. My biggest problems are finding the time to exercise and that food is delicious and I'm married to a sweets fiend. Lol! Anyway, a work in progress here and happy to be friends and accountability partners if you'd like!
  • SelenaMariaStewart
    SelenaMariaStewart Posts: 112 Member
    Options

That's awesome to hear! Did you lose from 240-170lbs using MFP?

[/quote]

I’m actually new to the MFP community but not to the journey! I’ve been hand logging for a while now though :)
  • Build4Longevity
    Build4Longevity Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am at 262 trying to get back down. Feel free to add me.