How Can you decipher the difference GBP / LapBand / Normal W

Options
I've been looking at some of the success stories and I'm feeling uneasy about some of the MFP success stories. I'm noticing that some people losing large amounts of weight over a 3 moth period. I have come up with the conclusion that in some of these cases, there are a few people who have used other methods to take alternative routes then losing weight the natural way so this is the reason for some success stories.

Is this giving us (who are losing weight the natural way) false hope?

I need some input!

Replies

• ThaCookieMonster
    ThaCookieMonster Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hello Sunshine!

I Started January and ive lost 55 LBS!! ALL NATURAL, and i still eat alot of things i love!
    No false hope baby!, There is thousands of people on here that have lost weight naturaly! Just keep looking! Introduce yourself in the Introduce forum and you will come across of so many people who are working and have worked very hard on becoming healthy.
    Keep on track mamma!!
    Dont become discouraged.

8350105.png
  • bisco1915
    Options
    Everyone loses weight differently based on age, food intake, and active level. Just think, slow and steady will win the race. :)
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    nope! I started Feb 28th- the last day of Feb. I have lost 51lbs. I have not taken diet pills/drinks whatevers...I do drink Celcuis which I guess it is a diet drink but I work 2 12's back to back and use it as an energy drink because I do not like carbonation which most energy drinks have but I drink 2 a week if that- I found that the more weight I have lost the less I need the energy drinks. I could not tell u the last time I had one- now that I am thinking about it.

I started working out by using the wii fit- wii active1 and 2. Now that it is summer I have started biking and running.

I am sure that I could have lost more weight if I eaten better but I love chinese and pad thai- I have stayed close to the cal count but I make sure I am within 100 cals if I am under.

no big secrets- it works :D
  • sunshinethompson
    sunshinethompson Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I just needed to know because I've been really doing well so far! Thanks again for honesty and testimonies as it has worked for you the natural way!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    All NATURAL for me. Joined MFP on January 11, 2011 and down 90 pounds so far. It takes lots of hard work, never sway from my diet program, always tweaking things to keep the metabolism moving and I exercise a LOT.

People lose at different rates for different reasons, men vs. women, exercise, age, how much they have to lose to start with, etc.
  • sunshinethompson
    sunshinethompson Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the positive input! I just didn't want to make huge expectations for myself that I could not keep up with. I ill continue with my plan and continue working out!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!