Ooey Gooey Butter Cake???

Options
Help!!! Does anyone have a very good, lower calorie recipe for an ooey gooey butter cake?

Replies

• LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Bump - Would love to know if there is one anything with ooey gooey does not sound like it could be good for your but sounds great!!!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Also bumpin' this. hah.
  • kateq321
    kateq321 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it...but sounds yummy!!
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a triumph of hope over expectation! But I'll keep an eye on it just in case!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Oh god, butter cake... sounds horrible (well, I don't like butter, so maybe it just sounds horrible to me), but my roommate made this once and it was made of sin and deliciousness.

I don't even know how a healthier option of this would work, but I'll be intrigued to read the responses!
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    Use fat free cream cheese. You may want to sub applesauce for the butter - but it won't be as good or gooey!
  • DDLY66
    DDLY66 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    One of Paula Dean's sons made a lighter version of her ooey gooey butter cake. I found it on twitter but I do believe they have a website. Jamie and Bobby Dean.
  • wendibartel
    Options
    You can also exchange the yellow cake mix for a reduced sugar yellow cake mix. Might help a little I like the Deens reciepe.