All of it

Options

Replies

• Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I have been waking up in the morning not being able to breathe....idk wtf is going on

That could be some form of sleep apnea, no? I’d make a doc appointment to at least discuss it, just to be safe.... Don’t you die on me Bacon!!!
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I have been waking up in the morning not being able to breathe....idk wtf is going on

That could be some form of sleep apnea, no? I’d make a doc appointment to at least discuss it, just to be safe.... Don’t you die on me Bacon!!!

I get a full 6-8 hrs of sleep but wake up feeling like I was hit by a truck. Still exhausted. Is that what sleep apnea is?

Here you go sweetheart....

“Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder characterized by pauses in breathing or periods of shallow breathing during sleep. Each pause can last for a few seconds to a few minutes and they happen many times a night. In the most common form, this follows loud snoring.There may be a choking or snorting sound as breathing resumes. As it disrupts normal sleep, those affected may experience sleepiness or feel tired during the day.”
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

I get a full 6-8 hrs of sleep but wake up feeling like I was hit by a truck. Still exhausted. Is that what sleep apnea is?

“Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder characterized by pauses in breathing or periods of shallow breathing during sleep. Each pause can last for a few seconds to a few minutes and they happen many times a night. In the most common form, this follows loud snoring.There may be a choking or snorting sound as breathing resumes. As it disrupts normal sleep, those affected may experience sleepiness or feel tired during the day.”

How will I know if I'm sleeping? lol

It's a really crazy feeling sometimes actually, you honestly can't tell if you were a sleep or not...

I've had it for years, losing weight did not get rid of it...
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options

It's a really crazy feeling sometimes actually, you honestly can't tell if you were a sleep or not...

So then what do I do?!

You need to go to a sleep clinic for a sleep test.
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options

So then what do I do?!

You need to go to a sleep clinic for a sleep test.

Ain't nobody got time for that

I've done it! They hook you up to wires and machines, put you in a tiny room with a camera and tell you to go to sleep. They wake you up in the "morning" (for me it was 4:30am) and send you home.
    I didn't get diagnosed with sleep apnea, but they were able to confirm another diagnosis through the test.

If they confirm sleep apnea, they can suggest CPAP mask/machine that will help you sleep. And you'd sound a bit like Darth Vader...which is cool IMO....so who's the real winner in this?