Average Bicep size?

Options
I’ve been bulking since June and I can’t find any information regarding average bicep size for women. Mine measure 12”. Is that above average? Or normal? Or small? Lol. And what’s everyone elses!?

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Think it depends on how muscular they are. I cut down to 11 inches and bulked back to 12. I think 12 is on the larger side but it is going to look way different depending on the amount of muscle vs. fat AND how lean you are, if you are muscular.
  • jenandjoon
    jenandjoon Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well my bf is 16% and my muscle is 36.4%.
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Think it depends on how muscular they are. I cut down to 11 inches and bulked back to 12. I think 12 is on the larger side but it is going to look way different depending on the amount of muscle vs. fat AND how lean you are, if you are muscular.

• bbell1985
    Options
    jenandjoon wrote: »

What do you want me to say? Are you happy with your biceps?

• jenandjoon
    Options
    No. My arms have no tone when they’re at rest. I think that has to do with not cutting yet? I’m not sure. I’m new to this. I’m not looking for someone to make me feel good, just information so I can progress correctly.

• bbell1985
    Options
    No. My arms have no tone when they’re at rest. I think that has to do with not cutting yet? I’m not sure. I’m new to this. I’m not looking for someone to make me feel good, just information so I can progress correctly.

Okay. I wasn't sure what you were getting at. 16% body fat is going to look quite lean. If you don't have "tone" or definition, you're either not 16% or you are lacking muscle.

How much have you gained on your bulk? What is your programming?

I'm 5'4", 145 lbs with 12 inch arms. I get more definition when I cut down to about 136 and lose about a half inch or .25...so in the 11.5-12 range.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm 59 and I've been bulking since last October and my biceps are 13.5"
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I don't think you will find an average number as it will vary based on height, weight, body composition, goals. Mine are on the small side I don't even measure them.. but when I flex they look pretty good so I'm happy.

At 16% bf you should see some definition, provided you have sufficient muscle base. Also just to clarify, if you have been bulking since June but are still at 16%, what did you start at? Are you a bodybuilder?
  • jenandjoon
    Options
    I’ve gained 7lbs. I also haven’t measured my BF for about a month so it’s possible that it went up 2%.

I’m doing low reps and heavy weights for all areas.

Okay. I wasn't sure what you were getting at. 16% body fat is going to look quite lean. If you don't have "tone" or definition, you're either not 16% or you are lacking muscle.

How much have you gained on your bulk? What is your programming?

I'm 5'4", 145 lbs with 12 inch arms. I get more definition when I cut down to about 136 and lose about a half inch or .25...so in the 11.5-12 range.

• Rose18l
    Rose18l Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    How did you measure your bodyfat? 16% is pretty close to essential bodyfat so if you don't see much tone it means you most likely are over the 16%.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5"ish, 136 lbs, and closing in on 19% BF (up 10 lbs, been bulking since October) and my biceps are 11.125". Maybe you carry more of your fat in your arms, because I agree, at 16% you should be seeing more definition at 12".
  • Davidsdottir
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Mine are 18 if thats any help at all.

Pretty sure it's not LOL

ETA it's not any help, not that your arms aren't 18, and I didn't woo you.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
  • Davidsdottir
    Options
    @marissafit06 I love your profile pic!
  • sardelsa
    Options
    Wait, are we talking flexed or relaxed?
  • Davidsdottir
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

Flexed, I hope... otherwise mine is sad
  • sardelsa
    Options

Flexed, I hope... otherwise mine is sad

Omg phewww. Same!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Mine are 11 1/4 in. flexed...I'm 5'9" and 150 lbs, about 20% body fat...I wouldn't say mine have a huge amount of tone when they are relaxed, but there is some, you can kind of see the shape of the shoulder is separate from the vague shape of the bicep, but not a sharp distinction like when flexed, plus I'm 42 and I don't have the flappy bat wings under my arms that all of my peers seem to have (I don't have any friends that workout)...so I'm very happy with the way my arms look overall...I do tend to carry most of my extra weight in my belly, so some of it might just be where your body likes to store things...I can't even imagine getting down to 16% - go you!!!
  • bbell1985
    Options

No. Unflexed for me. I've never thought to measure flexed.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    13.25 unflexed.