How to lose weight

Options
Hi, just wondering how do I lose weight without exercise or working out? I weigh 95kg and want to get down to 65-70kg im 5foot 9 inches in height and im 28 years old male.

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Put your stats in MFP, set your weight loss goal to a reasonable amount (doesn't have to be 2 lbs per week) and eat that much.

It's easier with some exercise as you get to eat more.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    You definitely don't need to work out to lose weight. Just set your MFP goal to "Sedentary", choose how much weight you want to lose (1lbs a week is good for most), and consume the amount of calories it tell you to.

Accurately tracking your intake with a digital food scale is key.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I started off by logging everything as accurately as I could (buying a food scale really helped here) without making any changes to my diet. I also used the calculators here and elsewhere on the web to estimate my maintenance calories. Then I sat down, plunked my data into a spreadsheet, and decided where I could start making changes to reduce my calories about 20% below maintenance. It took a good couple of months of trial and error, but once I got a hang of it, it's really just become a matter of choices and living my life in a way that's sustainable. For me that means still going out even though it slows my rate of loss, but that's okay. I lost maybe 20-25 lbs before I started seriously exercising, and even now I usually eat back most of what I burn exercising. Honestly, you just have to be patient. There are no quick fixes, no tricks, no rules except to eat fewer calories than you burn.
  • sflano1271
    sflano1271 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    OP, you've asked this in various threads over the last month. Is there something you are having specific difficulty with?

I just decided to quit the gym I just need to lose weight instead without exercise or working out. I set in my goals on mfp to lose 1kg per week and it gave me 1500 calories per day to eat to lose weight.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    sflano1271 wrote: »
    OP, you've asked this in various threads over the last month. Is there something you are having specific difficulty with?

I just decided to quit the gym I just need to lose weight instead without exercise or working out. I set in my goals on mfp to lose 1kg per week and it gave me 1500 calories per day to eat to lose weight.

Assuming you entered your info correctly, this means MFP estimates that 1,500 will be a deficit for you. No exercise necessary.
  • sflano1271
    Options

Assuming you entered your info correctly, this means MFP estimates that 1,500 will be a deficit for you. No exercise necessary.

Yes it says not very active
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    What's holding you back from exercising? Even just walking will help.

And if it's giving you 1500, you have probably picked too aggressive a weight loss rate and bottomed out the number.
  • sflano1271
    Options

And if it's giving you 1500, you have probably picked too aggressive a weight loss rate and bottomed out the number.

I want to lose weight fast plus I dont like walking.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

Yes, but I think your goal may be too aggressive. 1 kg a week when you're starting at 95 kg is pretty high. That's why you now have the lower calorie goal possible for a man, 1,500. I recommend you choose a more reasonable goal.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options

I believe you've asked this a couple of times today.

If you don't want to exercise, you have to eat less. MFP will tell you how much. MFP, MFP, MFP. That's the answer. Fill out your profile, do what is says, be patient.
  • sflano1271
    Options

Yes, but I think your goal may be too aggressive. 1 kg a week when you're starting at 95 kg is pretty high. That's why you now have the lower calorie goal possible for a man, 1,500. I recommend you choose a more reasonable goal.

Ok so what is reasonable to lose
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options

For the amount you want to lose, you've probably set your goal too aggresively. Aim for 1 - 1.5 lb loss per week max. If not working out at the gym, you can still go for walks.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

Ok so what is reasonable to lose

I don't know what the options are when you're set to kg (I'm set to pounds on my account), but I'm assuming you have options that are less than 1 kg per week? Choose one of those.
  • sflano1271
    Options

For the amount you want to lose, you've probably set your goal too aggresively. Aim for 1 - 1.5 lb loss per week max. If not working out at the gym, you can still go for walks.

Its not in ibs its in kgs
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

I am aware...and that tranlates to over 2 lbs per week...too aggresive for your goals.
    Edited to add: Aim for 1/2 kg per week.
  • janejellyroll
    edited February 2018
    Options

So when you set your goals, you have options that are less than 1 kg a week, correct?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

I want to lose weight fast plus I dont like walking.

The danger of your approach is that you just end up a smaller version of the current you.
    Prepare to be disappointed when you find you don't have the body of an athlete underneath your excess fat.