What do you reward yourself with when hitting personal goals?

Options
I’m curious what others reward themselves with when hitting personal goals... do you eat a meal you wouldn’t typically have? Do you buy yourself something nice? Do you go see a movie?

So far for me, I’ve met one personal goal, which was losing 15 pounds (I’m currently at a weight loss of 18.6 pounds) and I bought myself a pair of new nikes

Replies

• Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    So far just a new bathing suit and some yoga pants. I was going to get my ears repierced when I left the 200's, but then my years old closings decided to get rashy again, so obviously, thats not gonna be a good idea.
  • amandawhatup62
    amandawhatup62 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love reading all of these! It gives me inspiration to keep going and to reward myself when I hit personal goals. I sometimes feel like rewarding myself is selfish... But if I am working on bettering my health, I should be able to get myself something for personal goals. I will probably reward myself again once I hit the 30lb mark, which I am aiming for that to happen between April and May :)
  • akopesky
    akopesky Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    In the past I have always rewarded myself with a meal.....that is a slippery slope for me. Now I have cut back on eating out so much & save the money to get massages every 2-3 months. I don't have plan for when it happens but just when I have been working out hard & sticking to my daily goal of nutrition. I have 5 more lbs to reach 40 lbs lost & I think I will go again when I hit that. I think the last one was around 20 lbs.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I want a tattoo re-designing and maybe my ear re-piercing. I have a jar in the kitchen that is full of 'shrapnel' up to 20ps. When I am happy and in maintenance that will be counted to go towards that.

Previously that jar was constantly being raided for a 'free' take out as it was outside the budget haha
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    When I a lot of weight the first time, I rewarded myself with fitness-related items: new weightlifting gloves or running socks. I like the idea of paying myself for each pound lost and saving the money for something big (a trip, a concert with VIP seats) when I reach my goal. In fact, I may break out the old swear jar (which was abandoned after many failed attempts) and repurpose it as my weight loss earnings!
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends for me. It's usually new clothes/new makeup. Mostly new workout clothes though
  • amandawhatup62
    amandawhatup62 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    ValeriePlz wrote: »
    I was able to break into the 150s and stay there during February, so I am rewarding myself with some knitting patterns and yarn. (You didn't say the goal had to be exciting...haha.)

Lol hey now... I think new yarn is pretty exciting! I love seeing what people are capable of making out of it!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    honestly? mostly clothes and food.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!