19 years old and close to 300 pounds

Options
All my life i been struggling with my weight i never been skinny like others. I was always bigboned and tall. But now that i am older i let my weight take over my life. i went through depression looked for love in the wrong places because i did not love myself. But now i am learning to love myself and work out for me and i am struggling still, but i hope i can find my way and reach my 1st goal of 250pound. Looking for support and some healthy food tips.

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Do you cook?
  • MoodyFoodie23
    MoodyFoodie23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm available to talk anytime and would love a buddy who's been through similar situations!
  • Sherri_VA
    Sherri_VA Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Anything new takes a little while to adjust to, but you can do this! Baby steps are still steps forward!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,291 Member
    Options
    Take one step at a time, you've got this! If you need any support, feel free to add me. As someone who struggled with weight her entire life, I absolutely understand where you're coming from. I'm finally below 200 lbs for the first time in 9-10 years, and I hope to never go back.

You can do this! We all believe in you!
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you've come to the right place! Slow and steady wins the race, like others have said, you can do this by starting slow. It really helps to get a scale to weigh your portions, just do that, log it all, and come within your daily goal. And know there's days you'll go over, no big deal, don't beat yourself up. Also, there's no such thing as "good" and "bad" foods, too much of any food is what got us here in the first place. OP, this is a perfect time to start your new journey, you can do it! Good luck to you. :)
  • HowAreYaNow
    HowAreYaNow Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you want support, feel free to add me! I know how rough the realization feels and we're all here for you. The biggest thing I can say is, from someone who has yoyo'd a lot, take it slow, do it right the first time. That whole measure twice and cut once thing.
  • fergusonjamillah
    fergusonjamillah Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Do you cook?

Yes i love to cook and bake, but i dont know many healthy recipies im still new at this.
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    You can eat anything you want, but you have to eat less. There are no healthy (or unhealthy) foods. A healthy diet is balanced and varied - a little bit of everything is best. Can you cook? If not, learn.

Yes i know how to cook, but i need some recipies ideas that wont break my bank and is delicious.
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm available to talk anytime and would love a buddy who's been through similar situations!

Thank you
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    88olds wrote: »
    Save your life. We only get one.

I didn’t tell myself I loved my 285 lb self, but I decided I was worthy of achieving my goals. Just because it was what I decided for me. Don’t settle for less. You can get there.

Thank you, i learn to love myself everyday but some days get to me. Im in this for good this time.
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    Your 1st goal is great. You will need to re-train on what a normal portion is. When I started counting I was shocked at how much I was overeating. What foods? I don't do any of the low fat or keto stuff. I just eliminated excess sugar stopped eating fast foods and fries. I increased produce with a piece of lean meat or fish. I cut back or eliminated breads and potatoes. At the end of the day its all about the calories though. If in deficit you must lose weight. Exercise helps burn calories and improves overall health.

I was on this app looking at there nutrition guide and it helped me alot so far and it showa the right portion and definitions of what is on nutrition labels.
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    Seridh wrote: »
    Anything new takes a little while to adjust to, but you can do this! Baby steps are still steps forward!

Thank you i just tried to think positive and say im gaining muscle and doing the best i can. I dont want to give up on myself this feels like my last chance.
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    Take one step at a time, you've got this! If you need any support, feel free to add me. As someone who struggled with weight her entire life, I absolutely understand where you're coming from. I'm finally below 200 lbs for the first time in 9-10 years, and I hope to never go back.

You can do this! We all believe in you!

Thank you, i joined the gym and i will be working with a personal trainer tomorrow to help me mix things up so my workouts wont become boring.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    There are many sites that are devoted to health recipes, just Google "healthy recipes"
    Prepping meals and snacks for a week and packaging them up saves time and I have everything ready to grab and go.
    Best of luck!
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    onward1 wrote: »
    Welcome, you've come to the right place! Slow and steady wins the race, like others have said, you can do this by starting slow. It really helps to get a scale to weigh your portions, just do that, log it all, and come within your daily goal. And know there's days you'll go over, no big deal, don't beat yourself up. Also, there's no such thing as "good" and "bad" foods, too much of any food is what got us here in the first place. OP, this is a perfect time to start your new journey, you can do it! Good luck to you. :)

Where did you buy your scale because i want a good one that is still cheap. Plus i want to start drinking smoothies every morning for breakfast.
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    If you want support, feel free to add me! I know how rough the realization feels and we're all here for you. The biggest thing I can say is, from someone who has yoyo'd a lot, take it slow, do it right the first time. That whole measure twice and cut once thing.

Thank you