Favorite protein powders

Options
Hey everyone! I had an InBody scan done last night and now have a better idea of my lean body mass and how much protein I should be eating. In order to help boost it up a little, I am planning to start incorporating more protein powder (shakes, mixed in with greek yogurt, etc.) in my meals/snacks. What are your favorite brands? I would prefer a protein powder with at least 20g of protein per serving (and enjoy when a serving is one scoop as opposed to two). Thanks!

Replies

• shbrsee
    shbrsee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have been using the Quest Vanilla protein powder (22g) for quite some time. I like the flavor and ingredients quite a bit. Seems to work well when you add in fruits / veggies also. Quest also makes a peanut butter one that def. takes care of my sweet tooth cravings
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    The most popular answer is Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard Whey (Chocolate), because it's a) good and b) there's a wall of it at every GNC, so easy to find and relatively cheap.

So, that. Or, my favorite is Vitamin Shoppe's house brand stuff, "BodyTech" whey - chocolate and vanilla flavors. A little cheaper and tastier, IMO.
  • pacoramirez5
    pacoramirez5 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use Gold Standard 100% Whey - Cookies and Cream. It has low carbs and fat, and have 24 grams of protein per serving.

https://www.optimumnutrition.com/en_US/products/gold-standard-whey#ZOfyECQMO4Rtvu2c.97
  • ElPasoMark
    ElPasoMark Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Dymatize ISO, Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard, or Sprouts Farmer's Market. In basic chocolate or vanilla. All are high protein, low carb, low calorie, low sugar.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I like Quest's salted caramel. It tastes like butterscotch pudding to me. I also like Body Tech red velvet. Clearly I like sweets. I use almond milk and ice and always throw in a handful of spinach. I also like to use a vanilla powder (usually Quest or EAS Advantage) and a orange drink flavor packet (the generic Wal-Mart Orange sunrise, in particular, but Crystal Light has a caffeinated citrus that also works for me) and of course spinach. It tastes like a dreamsicle.
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutrition Chocolate. It's always my go to.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I had an InBody scan done last night and now have a better idea of my lean body mass and how much protein I should be eating. In order to help boost it up a little, I am planning to start incorporating more protein powder (shakes, mixed in with greek yogurt, etc.) in my meals/snacks. What are your favorite brands? I would prefer a protein powder with at least 20g of protein per serving (and enjoy when a serving is one scoop as opposed to two). Thanks!

Just as an FYI, I wouldn't put too much weight into the inbody scan (I believe that is bioimpedence right - either a hand machine or scale you stood on??) - those are wildly inaccurate. Unless you get a bodpod or dexa scan, you really can't get much from the BI measures.

at the same time though, lots of great protein recommendations above!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I like the kind without any sugar or flavor but with added vitamins. You have to look around for that.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    The Quest cinnamon crunch is amazing.
  • darrenbeckworth
    darrenbeckworth Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Recently I have been using unflavored protein powder. This is not because I am watching sugar, but more as an internal bet with myself to see if I could make the drink even less enjoyable.

It tastes god awful... 5/5 would recommend.
  • twirkalurk
    twirkalurk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like the NOW whey protein isolate unflavored. Can add to anything except hot liquids.
  • Happysoul0317
    Happysoul0317 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I like Amazing Grass Protein Superfood - Vanilla
    I find the whey and soy proteins hard to digest. Amazing grass has tons of great ingredients that just make you feel good.
  • Rose18l
    Rose18l Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Optimum gold standard or Animal whey are both good
  • sarahscott9064
    sarahscott9064 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love the Quest Protein Powders for my shaker bottles or even in Greek yogurt. I also love the Premier Protein that are premixed. Those are awesome for post workout or even mixed in my morning coffee for a protein packed type of creamer. Both have awesome amounts of protein in them and are pretty low on carbs and sugar.
  • megbelievesshecan
    megbelievesshecan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't do powders. I actually buy the premade Premier Protein. Usually these premade things are nasty... but I LOVE the Premier Proteins! Easy to throw in a bag and go.
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I don't do powders. I actually buy the premade Premier Protein. Usually these premade things are nasty... but I LOVE the Premier Proteins! Easy to throw in a bag and go.

Me too. I get a 12 pack at Sam's