Live and gallbladder cleanse

Options
It has been recommended for me to try a liver gallbladder cleanse. It consists of apple juice, olive oil Epsom salts and grapefruit. Drink it at night. Lay on your side and stones pass. Have you tried it? Please only comment if you have tried it or have something to back up your opinion. I am going to try it in a couple days so will probably follow up here too

Replies

• Pixieofmidnight
    Pixieofmidnight Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you for an informed response
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,127 Member
    Options
    Lay on your side and stones pass.

Do you have gallstones?

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It has been recommended for me to try a liver gallbladder cleanse. It consists of apple juice, olive oil Epsom salts and grapefruit. Drink it at night. Lay on your side and stones pass. Have you tried it? Please only comment if you have tried it or have something to back up your opinion. I am going to try it in a couple days so will probably follow up here too

recommended by your doctor?
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Your liver cleanses your body naturally, there's no need to cleanse that. Also, if you have gallstones, please go see your doctor before trying to make them pass with some "cleanse"
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    Sounds like a recipe for diarrhea.

cha cha cha
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Recommended by who? Is your doctor asking you to do this? Are you having gallbladder attacks? I had mine out but if your doctor is suggesting this kind of nonsense cleanse I would find a new one, especially if the attacks are becoming severe. Gallbladder disease is nothing to fool around with.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Have you seen a GI dr?
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options

When reading items on the internet it is important to consider the source. The link above yours is from the Mayo clinic.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    That site is trying to sell you detox kits, along with a bunch of other really overpriced supplements. It’s always a good idea to try to figure out whether someone is trying to sell you something before you take their advice.

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Your organs do an excellent job of cleansing themselves without the help of fad food and drink. Treat your liver well by not drinking a lot of alcohol. Enjoy a balanced, nutritious diet to keep your organs chugging away.

If you do have a problem with your organs or gallstones, I'd recommend seeing a doctor. If gallstones are truly a problem, you may need to have your gallbladder removed.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    To me the Epsom Salt dose is most concerning.

https://www.everydayhealth.com/drugs/magnesium-sulfate

Don’t get too far from the toilet.