What do you reward yourself with when hitting personal goals?

Options

Replies

• GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Last winter I set a goal of walking outdoors 5 out of 7 days a week for a streak of 100 days. It's very freakin' cold here. I rewarded myself with a new E Reader.

For my C25K I rewarded myself with new pajamas after completing each quarter of the 8 week program.

I don't really have a goal weight reward yet but I did buy a pair of goal jeans at a thrift store. I fully intend to parade around in those once I can.
  • fatty_cakezxoxo
    fatty_cakezxoxo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    When on a weight loss journey I found it best to go shopping for "new" clothes at a thrift store . One , if you have a lot of weight to lose your going to be wasting previously bought clothes . I'm saving buying new clothing for when I reach my goal weight or if I catch a really good clearance deal . I'm on a new journey I regained a ton of weight! Good luck to all !
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Other than buying a ring when I dropped below 200 pounds/hit 50 pounds lost, nothing. The weight loss is reward itself. And I work in a women's clothing department, so I pretty much buy things I like the moment they go on sale.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I reward myself with the satisfaction of hitting a personal goal. Rewards for bettering myself do not work well for me because it makes weight management something special. I don't want it to be special. I want it to be a normal part of my life. I do spoil myself with food and non-food stuff for no reason at all because I like feeling happy.

^ This. I look better, I feel better, and I want to keep looking and feeling better. Reaching my goals is just what I do. If I was going to reward myself, I'd probably avoid food related rewards. I'm a big proponent that removing guilt, reward, and morality is an important step in having a lifelong positive relationship with food. Clothes or workout equipment sound like good ideas!
  • wannabesmaller2017
    wannabesmaller2017 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with things every 5lbs I lose. A new workout top, a manicure, new eyeshadow, flowers, etc. It varies in price. Then every 10 I lose I get what I need. Like new pants or a new shirt. I will continue to do this even after I reach goal. Then it will be something like a new workout top because I did 10 workouts in two weeks or something like that. I never reward myself with food, though. That is a slippery slope for me.
  • betty_veronica4
    betty_veronica4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    New clothes. But, not too many. The rush of feeling more comfortable in fun clothes helps to motivate me to stay on track.
  • trixiekeller
    trixiekeller Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am at 38 pounds lost and when I hit 40, I am going to purchase some Oribe hair products ( they are a little pricey so they will be a nice reward for reaching the “40” milestone)
  • emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I started with a few small things... a new stainless steel water bottle, a bracelet, and fancy skincare items. Now that I'm down a lot more my rewards have become things that I need because nothing fits anymore and things are getting worn out! I just got a new pair of Asics because my others were so worn down, and I got a new (temporary) wedding ring set because my real ones were sliding off of my fingers! Else just new clothing has been enough. Might be time to treat myself to a pedicure for Spring once I hit 60lbs lost... :smile:
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    When I was losing, I got a massage every 10 lbs.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    In 2011 I first joined MFP and soon decided that '10lb milestone' markers, something permanent, would work best for me..and not food :)

Since then (and many life challenges) weight has crept back on so I am now in the process of re-earning my 'markers', and I find them just as rewarding as I did 7 years ago.

Milestone Markers Blog post - July 2011
  • betty_veronica4
    betty_veronica4 Posts: 196 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    New clothes - especially gym clothes.
  • KrystinaMTL
    KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    A treadmill at 65 pounds lost ;)

• tolorii
    tolorii Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    At the moment I'm unemployed and time-poor to boot so I don't really have any means of rewarding myself. However, once I'm finished the course I'm doing, I have to find a job, pay off my computer (which I needed for the course), and pay this tax year's student loan repayments. That is all several months away, which is enough time to lose several kilos and once I smash all those things off my list, I'm doing a big fashionnova shop
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I'm just rewarding myself constantly all the time so...nothing in particular for meeting a goal. My goals are never really "met" anyway. As soon as I accomplish something, it's not enough.

^^ so this. I have spent the funds I used to spend on Fast Food buying $5.00 sweaters and pants at Walmart off the discount racks. I never run out of clothes that fit. I did have a reward idea for when I hit half my highest weight - (did that in October) - I was going to get permanent cosmetics - tattooed eyeliner - but, I haven't gotten around to that, yet - and I have spent the money I need to do it on Personal Training sessions. Maybe I will get the eyeliner when I get to my final goal... If I ever decide what that will be.

I figure anything below 140 is going to be just peachy.... 45 pounds to go.
  • nkovacs53804
    nkovacs53804 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Buy smaller clothes
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!