Potluck Ideas?

Options
We are having a potluck at work and I want to bring something fun and healthy as a side. Does anyone have any good ideas for a tasty easy side or appetizer. There is always plenty of desserts so I don't want to bring that.

Replies

• LittleFootHafner
    Options
    Brocolli Salad
    Devilled Eggs
    Caesar Salad
    Fruit Tray - or Skewers!
    Vegetable Tray
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    Wraps - Tuna, Egg, Turkey, Etc...
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    What about yogurt and then bring chopped fruits, veggies, nuts, berries, etc that they can make their own "parfait" with?

Or you could bring a blender and make smoothies with fruit and ice...

I like mini skewers...cooked veggies or fruit with cheese and let them make their own combinations (or make them first if you worry about dirty fingers)

Basil + mozzarella balls + cherry tomato + olive oil = good combo

A crustless quiche...
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Go to skinnytaste.com. Ive been looking at the recipes this morning because someone had mentioned it on MFP. Some of them look great! : )
  • drelizondo
    Options
    I have a _GREAT_ one! Healthy, low calorie, but you would never know it by the taste

1 C Nonfat plain Greek Yogurt
    1 C Pace Picante sauce (pick your poison: mild, medium or hot)

Drain the picante sauce in a strainer or fine-mesh collander to remove some of the water. Mix together with the Greek yogurt until smooth. Add more picante sauce (strained) to suit your taste.

Serve with baked pita chips or a vegetable platter with red bell peppers, cucumbers, jicama, carrots, celery etc.

YUMMY!
  • texakin20
    texakin20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com

I have been trying recipes off here. This one I made for company I had at my house at a BBQ we had, made it as a side..and they liked it specially the kids!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/07/easiest-pasta-and-broccoli-recipe.html

Also.. there are many fruit salad recipes you can make with low fat yogurt.. let me see if I can find it.. here it is!! This is AWESOME

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/fabulous-fruit-salad/detail.aspx
  • julesgill
    Options
    Skinny taste has a great buffalo chicken dip recipe! It's delish, I made it for super bowl this year!
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I always volunteer to make Texas Caviar- I believe it's a weight watchers recipe.

1 can of corn
    1 can of black eyed peas
    1 can of black beans
    2 cans of RoTel (or any other chili/tomato mix)
    1 green pepper (chopped)
    1 onion (chopped)
    1 tbsp garlic salt
    1/2 cup italian dressing (I always use light/fat free)

Combine all ingrediants, let refrigerate over night, serve with chips, veggies, or eat plain. :)
  • klw6076
    klw6076 Posts: 2
    Options
    1- 8 oz block reduced fat cream cheese (soft)
    20-25 jalapeno baby dills
    1/2 c pickle juice

dice baby dill pickles, mix with cream cheese and juice.(more or less juice for your consistancy liking) you have pickle dip.
    dip with your favorite healthy cracker (we choose special k cracker chips. 30 chips for 130 cals.)
  • texakin20
    texakin20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I always volunteer to make Texas Caviar- I believe it's a weight watchers recipe.

1 can of corn
    1 can of black eyed peas
    1 can of black beans
    1 green pepper (chopped)
    1 onion (chopped)
    1 tbsp garlic salt

Combine all ingrediants, let refrigerate over night, serve with chips, veggies, or eat plain. :)

Hey Becky...My version is slight different as I use tomatoes, a jalepenos, and not Rotel.. but I make mine with 3/4 cup Italian dressing and 1/4 cup Lime Juice. It makes it taste fresher. And then I add cilantro right before serving. Maybe tweek your recipe some to try one of these :)
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options

1 can of corn
    1 can of black eyed peas
    1 can of black beans
    1 green pepper (chopped)
    1 onion (chopped)
    1 tbsp garlic salt

Hey Becky...My version is slight different as I use tomatoes, a jalepenos, and not Rotel.. but I make mine with 3/4 cup Italian dressing and 1/4 cup Lime Juice. It makes it taste fresher. And then I add cilantro right before serving. Maybe tweek your recipe some to try one of these :)

Mmm- that sounds great. I never thought of lime juice. I bet that's wonderful! Thanks for the alternatives!
  • megsaroo
    megsaroo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I made crab rangoonies from Hungry Girl the other day as an appetizer for my family and they loved it! These aren't good for you, but they aren't bad for you (4 of them are 140 calories). It takes awhile to make because you have to fold the wanton wrappers, but other than that it is super easy. Good luck!

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1464
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas. I think I am going to make this southwestern blackbean salad I remembered I have a recipe for.