Breakfast Ideas??

Options
I've been eating Special K (original) for breakfast, mainly because of the fact that it's fat free. But it just doesn't seem worth the calories it packs, as I always feel hungry a half an hour after I eat it (it's like eating air!). Does anyone have any healthy breakfast suggestions? I appreciate any ideas that come my way!

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with fat eat it... Try egg white omlette with whatever veggies you want. I can make out for under 100 calories, so i add feta cheese to it to make it taste better.
  • climbingpanda
    climbingpanda Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Fruit compote, yoghurt and granola. Yummy. Or scrambled egg with smoked salmon on wholemeal toast. Turkey bacon sandwich, sometimes with a poached egg as well. All of these are on my regular breakfast menu :0)
  • palagitoi
    palagitoi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with fresh fruits sticks to the ribs till lunch!:wink:
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem with cereal. I now eat yogurt in the mornings....makes me feel MUCH fuller! I was starving an hour after I ate the cereal! I tried ALL diferent kinds too. Yogurt just fills me up.....: )
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Today I had Vans whole wheat multigrain waffles (2 of them) with fat free reddi whip and blueberries . Lots of fiber and under 300 calories . I'm just starting to feel hungry for lunch now and its 12:20 where I am . ( I ate about 8:30 this mrng) .
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    egg beaters omelet or egg white omelet full of veggies, and i eat healthy life 35 calorie toast-keeps me full. the good news is you are eating something its keeping your metabolism up!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I do some instant grits (any flavor) and add a chopped up hard boiled egg and a tbls of real bacon pieces. 209 calories and it sticks to my ribs till lunch time:bigsmile:
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean...Special K is my fav but I always want more! I like scrambled egg whites with turkey bacon, or oatmeal with a banana. :D
  • Splitrae1
    Options
    If you enjoy the cereal but just want to feel fuller try Organic Path Flax Plus Cereals. They have a few varieties and the flax seeds really do fill you up.
  • lilybug13
    lilybug13 Posts: 154
    Options
    Mix greek yogurt and regular yogurt ( I use the dannon greek yogurt plain (80 calories) and dannon light and fit (80 calories) ) Delicious and very filling and LOTS of protein :-)
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    oatmeal and boiled eggs are two of my favorites. but, detinitely something with some protein.
  • tatesmom
    tatesmom Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I ate a Fiber One 90 calorie bar and a cup of cubed canteloupe this morning at 9am and having no desire to go to lunch and it is 12:30!!! I find the Fiber One bars are delicious and very satisfying!!
  • nannybev
    Options
    hi, why dont u try some weetabix with strawberries or any other fruit with a muller light yoghurt. its yummy and should keep you going longer and quick to prepare :tongue:
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    Plain oatmeal with a bit of brown sugar always seems to fill me up for a long time! ;)

I also scramble egg whites with a small amount of bacon bits, sharp cheddar cheese, green onion and salt & pepper.
    Then I eat with with 2 whole wheat Ryvita crackers.

Try an All Bran granola bar with fruit or yogurt.

Vanilla yogurt with berries and granola added is always good!

1 egg, 1 fat free mozarella cheese slice cooked & put on a whole wheat english muffin

Weight Watchers whole wheat bagel with Skinny Cow cream cheese

Any of these sound good to you??
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    egg beaters omelet or egg white omelet full of veggies, and i eat healthy life 35 calorie toast-keeps me full. the good news is you are eating something its keeping your metabolism up!

Should switch products...

OP,
    I use the 100% egg whites, not the egg beaters (they're not pure egg whites) and some chicken. It's filling. I don't really get hungry at all until lunch, even then, still not hungry. But I eat b/c I know I need food.
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with fat eat it... Try egg white omlette with whatever veggies you want. I can make out for under 100 calories, so i add feta cheese to it to make it taste better.

Agree with this. Don't be scared of the fat.

Eat a three egg omelette stuffed with veggies (keep the yolk ;) and I pretty much guarantee you that it'll keep you stuffed until lunch. (Or sub one of those eggs with ham or bacon).

One of the reasons low-carb works is that protein and fat keep you full. Veggies do a fairly good job as well. Sugars and grains do not and you will become hungry again soon after eating them

So overeating your calories on low-carb is actually more difficult (despite the fact that fats have more calories per gram than carbs).

I used to easily eat 3 bowls of cereal like Special K and still be hungry.
  • ncblueyes
    Options
    You need protein ! Cottge cheese and fruit, turkey sausage and eggs (or egg whites) but keep hunger away with protein!
  • baileybutton
    baileybutton Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many good ideas thrown my way! This site is fantastic, seems like it's just what I need to stay motivated. Thank you so much everyone :) Also, feel free to add me, we'll keep each other motivated!
  • indnile321
    indnile321 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite "fall backs" is the weight watchers--smart ones-- canadian bacon breakfast sandwich. Frozen, quick, easy to bring w/me. I find they hold me until lunch or I"ll have a small mid-morning snack (fresh fruit or FF yougurt). They are 210 calories though.
  • ohsogoodfitness
    Options
    protein, fat and carbs, fiber. You can't go wrong. A quickie..veggie.Omlete with whole eggs, 2% milk, oats, whole grain bread, brown rice...spices.