One Year with Jillian - Commitment Thread

Options

Replies

• may3161
    may3161 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    30DS day 26 completed. I don't know if I should do level 2 and 3 one more time or try something else when I'm done.
  • cherrybomb333
    cherrybomb333 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    may3161 wrote: »
    30DS day 26 completed. I don't know if I should do level 2 and 3 one more time or try something else when I'm done.

I keep going back to this advice any time I think of where to progress after my next round of 30DS:
    I did two rounds of the 30 day shred back to back about three years ago. The results were stunning, but beware of one thing. I was getting bored with 30 day shred and decided to do ripped in 30 afterwards too. Ripped in 30 turned out to be too difficult for me, and I got derailed from exercising all together. I should have stuck with the 30 day shred because I was still getting results after losing 40 lbs. This is something you may want to consider.

I've always felt a lot of pressure to move to something more "advanced" any time I finish a program, but I've ended up stalling before because I either wasn't ready or didn't love the new routine. I'd say if you have a goal to do something more, either hit more reps, use heavier weight, etc by repeating rounds, go for it! That's definitely been my motivation to do a second round of 30DS.
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    Current Program:
    30 Day Shred

Progress:
    **Day 30- completed**

Finally finished round 1. I did not start tracking weight or measurements until about halfway through, so I don't have anything groundbreaking to share in that department, but I have definitely noticed a huge difference in the way I feel and the way my clothes fit. I've also noticed that I am pushing myself a lot harder this time around than I have in the past.

Round 2 goals:
    - Stay more consistent through the week
    - Switch to 5lb and 10lb weights
    - For each level, focus on pushing myself harder than the previous day
  • jlynn1991
    jlynn1991 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love this!
    I cannot afford her app or year long program as I am a struggling college student. But I started my most recent MFP weight loss in October. I did easy Danise Austin workouts for the entire first month to ease back into things. Then did 30 DS for Nov, Ripped in 30 for Dec, Jan was a mix of JM’s 6 week 6 pack and Kickboxing fast fix. Then I derailed for most of Feb from my healthy eating but still lost 2lbs. And now am starting killer body. I seriously have never been this small before!!!! 20-35 minutes a day is completelt do-able for those of us who just never could get into working out. And she is incredibly motivational. I’ve lost 17 lbs since October. And thats with usually one binge eating day a week, and a lot of poor eating in Feb. Thats pretty awesome for my level of commitment to getting fit (or lack there of really).
  • may3161
    Options
    may3161 wrote: »

I keep going back to this advice any time I think of where to progress after my next round of 30DS:
    I did two rounds of the 30 day shred back to back about three years ago. The results were stunning, but beware of one thing. I was getting bored with 30 day shred and decided to do ripped in 30 afterwards too. Ripped in 30 turned out to be too difficult for me, and I got derailed from exercising all together. I should have stuck with the 30 day shred because I was still getting results after losing 40 lbs. This is something you may want to consider.

I've always felt a lot of pressure to move to something more "advanced" any time I finish a program, but I've ended up stalling before because I either wasn't ready or didn't love the new routine. I'd say if you have a goal to do something more, either hit more reps, use heavier weight, etc by repeating rounds, go for it! That's definitely been my motivation to do a second round of 30DS.

Yes I think I'm going with a second round of 30DS, I like the routine and I can see my body changing every day. For the second round I'm going to use heavier weights and try to keep up with the advance moves.
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    @jlynn1991 That's awesome to hear! Congrats on your success!! What are your favorites/least favorites out of those? I also own KB Fast Fix and 6 week 6 pack, and I've thought about incorporating those later on.

@may3161 I'm right there with you. I went through the first round definitely easing into some of the moves, so I'm hoping this time through I'll be able to push myself a lot harder.
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    Current Program:
    30 Day Shred - Round 2

Progress:
    Day 1 - completed
  • katie5467
    katie5467 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi all, keen to start a jillian program again after past success with her dvds. Think I'll start with 30ds and incorporate no more trouble zones on a weekend when I have time for March and then see how I get on! :smile:
  • may3161
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I finished 30DS today. Starting wt 170 competed 154. Going for a second round.
  • CindyMarie85
    CindyMarie85 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian! My back is messed up or I would totally Shred it too! Lol
  • jlynn1991
    jlynn1991 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    @cherrybomb333 my favorite? For fun, definitely kickboxing fast fix. For results? I’m not sure yet. Im tempted to try shred it with weights as a whole month program but since it only has two levels I feel like I’ll get bored. I like the set up of 30 DS and Ripped in 30 though a lot. 20 min, nice circuit layout. easily to follow.
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    @katie5467 Glad to have you on board! :smiley:

@may3161 Awesome loss!! Good luck with round two! I've been happy with the decision to start a second round so far. I feel like I'm hitting things a lot harder this time.

@vondraclare I hope you've been able to find a program that you like that allows you to work around your injury. Injuries are tough to deal with, especially something so major. Best of luck!

@jlynn1991 I've done Shred it, and I like parts of it. There are some moves she included that don't make a lot of sense to me as an introductory workout (Turkish Get-ups, specifically), but I usually replace those with variations on swings. It's something I've considered in a hybrid schedule, like 1-2 days a week max, but I'm with you that I feel like it would get boring as a program.
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    Current Program:
    30 Day Shred - Round 2

Progress:
    Day 2 - completed
    Day 3 - completed
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    Current Program:
    30 Day Shred - Round 2

Progress:
    Day 4 - completed
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    Current Program:
    30 Day Shred - Round 2

Progress:
    Day 5 - completed
  • Mendykiins
    Mendykiins Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh, this is awesome! I'm currently doing the 30 day Shred. I'm on day 9.
    No comments on it yet.
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    @Mendykiins Welcome!

Current Program:
    30 Day Shred - Round 2

Progress:
    Day 6 - completed
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    Took a few days to recover from a nasty sinus/bronchial infection. Back at it tomorrow. I'm planning to pick up where I left off with Day 7, but I'll reassess and see if I need to stay at level one a few extra days to make up for it.
  • alicia163425
    alicia163425 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    @cherrybomb333 have you started doing the gauntlet?? I am super interested in this!!
  • cherrybomb333
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @alicia163425 I have not actually. I ended up cancelling the app in favor of the DVDS. When I checked it, they had not posted any of the workouts in the Gauntlet beyond the first few weeks.

I tried a few workouts on the app and I didn't love the way it functioned. The programs use individual video clips, shuffled around with a 3 second break. So it's basically watching a mini tutorial with each exercise, and no realistic transition time between moves. (And if you try to lengthen the break or pause it, the app crashes). Not sure if they've fixed those problems, but I definitely missed the more social, realistic feel of her videos.