How Often Do You Weigh Yourself?

Options
I weigh myself every Sunday... That may be too often, but I used to weigh myself every week in high school and that led to nothing but horrible things! Is once a week too often??

Replies

• amandawhatup62
    amandawhatup62 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    fuzzylop72 wrote: »
    I weigh myself daily, but use a trend weight tracking app (well 2, I use both trendweight.com as well as happyscale). I think whatever you're comfortable with is fine as long as you can track the general trends.

Thank you for your input! I feel like weighing in on Sundays help me prepare for the week ahead. I’m also able to look back the previous week to my exercise and food choices. It helps me choose better food choices for sure!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Wed/Thurs/Fri

Sundays would generally be an outlier for me as we usually go out either Friday or Saturday or get pizza...either way, it's usually higher sodium so I'll be retaining water on a Sunday for sure.
  • nsprieg
    nsprieg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    At least once, and sometimes a few, times per week first thing in the morning after a quick visit to the little boy's room. I feel that gives the most accurate weight given water weight can vary day to day. However I only LOG Monday mornings. That way the little ups and downs smooth out.
  • MoreLife18
    MoreLife18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 1-2 times a week. Usually Monday and a later day in the week. I do it to track the trend from week to week. It's nice seeing tangible progress. I don't bother tracking daily because I'm already aware weight fluctuates from day to day.
  • chelliz88
    chelliz88 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Sunday to input it, but sometimes I weigh throughout the week of curiosity. There is no set time when I'm curious.
  • betty_veronica4
    betty_veronica4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Once a week under the same conditions, if I can.
  • amandawhatup62
    amandawhatup62 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    chelliz88 wrote: »
    I weigh myself on Sunday to input it, but sometimes I weigh throughout the week of curiosity. There is no set time when I'm curious.

I’m always curious throughout the week, but I’m too scared to weigh myself... the only day I feel comfortable doing it is Sunday... It’s weird.
  • Freyhb
    Freyhb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I may sound like an outlier, haha but I only weigh myself once every 30 days. I find it to be too much pressure to do it every week or even daily.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    daily because then i can see how variables affect my weight - sleep, sodium, steps, stress etc
  • holytricoli
    holytricoli Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Saturday morning, on an empty stomach. I feel like it keeps me on track Fridays when it's easier to have a cheat meal or extra treats. Sunday is also a good day for that same reason too. :) I typically don't weigh myself other than that because the fluctuation of a few pounds can easily be based on sodium or water intake but it still doesn't make me feel good... and I don't need that stress in my life! :D
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    just when I feel like it. I used to obsess on weighing but not in just going with the flow
  • jlindros
    jlindros Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do an "official" weigh in for MFP on Friday morning...but weigh myself every morning and put it into the Monitor Your Weight App. I like to see the fluctuations on the graph and the patterns of my gains and losses. Sunday is a great day to weigh in because it keeps you motivated and aware all weekend!
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I weigh in once a week. Tried the obsessive every day thing and made myself crazy. I have been very consistent the last 8 months so I am going to try and weigh every other week.

Oh yeah, I have been on maintenance for a couple of years after losing 70ish#.
  • xxerniexx
    xxerniexx Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. i sometime let that set the tone for my day in both good and bad ways, but i like to see the graph on the app move as i lose! haha
    when i did WW a few years ago i only weighed myself on meeting day which for me was Saturday morning but that led to me having a lot of anxiety over the scale come weigh time, so for me the daily checks have been a more often good nudge to keep me going.
  • emilyofmysfamcottage
    emilyofmysfamcottage Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Before I got my routine down I weighed everyday, then twice a week. Now I weigh once a week---though I MIGHT step on the scale a time or two during the week, but that's infrequently.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    When I am curious. I lose ssssllllooooowwwwlllllyyyyy and I use a scale at the gym that gets moved around a lot, so I don't trust it on a day to day basis, but figure it must have to budge at some point, since it doesn't tell my husband he weighs 200+ lbs.

The number in MFP is from the dr's office, but I am using the gym scale for my accountability group.
  • CaliVeggieGal
    CaliVeggieGal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Every day! I would cry if it were once a week, and the one time was up 3 lbs or something. Whereas if I've gained 3 lbs since yesterday I know it's just a flux and not real weight! It also helps me monitor trends.