Has anyone tried Sheer Cover mineral makeup?

Options
Lanfear
Lanfear Posts: 524
Just watching it now on TV and wondered if anyone has tried it :smile:

Replies

• alymay7
    alymay7 Posts: 8
    Options
    I have it! and I love it! It makes my skin look like its been airbrushed! But be very careful in which color you choose, it tends to run dark. Its great because sometimes makeup can feel oily and this stuff is very light.
  • MrsRadder
    MrsRadder Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I used it for two year it's really nice. But check out www.eyeslipsface.com/minerals My sister hooked me on it early last year it's the SAME stuff for $5 a jar. :)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I tried it and hated it. I don't usually wear much makeup so that might have something to do with it but I felt that it didn't look very natural on me compared to a few others I tried.
  • Afrikangirl
    Afrikangirl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes it is the only thing I use!! Actually improves the health of your skin...in addition to looking like an all natural glow.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I wasn't impressed.
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Interesting mix of opinions there :smile: I might look on FleaBay for it, as I am suspicious of all these TV offers where they charge you initiallyu and "lock" you into a 3 month schedule of deliveries..... Have read that the customer service is pants and cancellation is very difficult to do!
  • KatScarberry
    KatScarberry Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Sheer Cover but Mary Kay has a wonderful mineral makeup - I would guess it's about the same thing. Works great!
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    I have, and I don't recommend it. It's not as sheer as they say it is, and you pay for a really small amount of makeup. If you're looking for a makeup similar to Sheer Cover's description and want better quality makeup, I would try Bare Escentuals. Their makeup is really lightweight and natural... I love it! :) If you don't have one near you I would look up their website. :D
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I tried it years ago and wasn't crazy about it. I'm a Bare Escentuals girl now.

It might have been changed over the years, but I'm already hooked on BE so I doubt I'd try it again.
  • jmikels67
    jmikels67 Posts: 116
    Options
    I had always been interested in it, and ended up trying Physician's Formula Mineral Makeup because of the fear of not seeing it in person, auto shipping, etc. Love the Physician's Formula! they have multiple formats, so you can vary how much coverage you get. Love how it looks and feels on my skin! One caveat - with most mineral makeups you need a moisturizer first, even if your skin isn't particularly dry. I had never needed to moisturize before, but now I use a basic Oil of Olay w/spf and get fantastic results!
    give it a try!
  • CajunApril
    CajunApril Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I use the Bare Escentuals-Bare Minerals and I have never gone back to liqued make up. I love it, it goes on quick. You learn you don't need alot, you just have to make sure you are spreading it around correctly to get good coverage. My mother who swore that she would never leave liqued makeup has also switched and can't believe she use to wear liquid. I think its a wonderful product. I have found that the best application when using it is if you use the primer on your skin prior to putting on the powder. It gives more even coverage than just throwing on the powder, and the primer makes your skin feel so soft (if you use the primer, LESS IS MORE).
  • skinnysawyer
    Options
    My mom gets the stuff sent to us every month!! I love their mascara, foundation powder, concealer, cleanser, AND moisturizer. =D All of them come in the package~

I use a liquid foundation first though, and then apply the Sheer Cover powder on top. Powder doesn't cover up my redness enough by itself. =) Sometimes just their concealer is enough!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Tried it, even the lightest shade wasn't quite light enough but that was a few years ago and I believe they have a newer fair shade.

I got a free trio pack of Bare Minerals from Sephora and that stuff is MUCH better! The Avon pressed mineral foundation is also excellent and only $9.99! I find its much better than Mac Studio Fix at coverage and better on your skin (breathability etc). I had the opposite problem there though, their lightest colour was too light.
  • BerkeleyMama
    Options
    I'm a Bare Essentials person too. They make a better product now than when I first started using it years ago. There are so many ways to buy it too, so if you're not sure about the color, you can even go to one of their stores and find out what your best shade is and then shop on line for the best prices. They make Excellent lip gloss too called Buxsome. Pretty, natural colors and they plump your lips just a little bit.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I never wear foundation or anything other than blusher, lippy and eye make up, so is this something I would be interested in?
  • 1nsands
    1nsands Posts: 27
    Options
    I tried it, and was not impressed either!
  • ArtistVicki
    ArtistVicki Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I tried some mineral make up...Oh, my gosh! I think it made me look flawless alright, but also made me look like the "Tin Man" from the Wizard of OZ! No-kidding! It had an eerie metallic glow to it!...Not too cool on a 55 year old! : )
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I tried and it was fine but I wasn't impressed enough to get more. I guess I'm just a plain ole Cover Girl kind of girl :)
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I have, and I don't recommend it. It's not as sheer as they say it is, and you pay for a really small amount of makeup. If you're looking for a makeup similar to Sheer Cover's description and want better quality makeup, I would try Bare Escentuals. Their makeup is really lightweight and natural... I love it! :) If you don't have one near you I would look up their website. :D

I have tried several brands and the bottom line is that no one does it like Bare Escentuals!!