Calorie goal

Options
Is it OK if you’re not meeting your calorie goal. I am consuming around 900 - 1300 calories Per day and having issues meeting my protein goal and I’m always over my fat goal. Another issue I’m having is I don’t feel hungry

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    900, no. Don't do that regularly.

1300 is probably fine.

What's your actual calorie goal?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You're overweight? You're probably eating more than you think. Tighten up your logging. And/or average your intake over a week. And eat food you like - decrease your protein goal and increase your fat goal.
  • harrisq958
    harrisq958 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    900, no. Don't do that regularly.

1300 is probably fine.

What's your actual calorie goal?

• harrisq958
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1740 my carbs is 50 fat 30 protein 20. my login is very tight I have been doing this for a while and trying to eat that many calories is just too much for me. I actually feel full after about 1200 cal and I’m not a big snacker. I’m just wondering if that’s hurting my weight loss goal.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    harrisq958 wrote: »
    My calorie goal is 1740 my carbs is 50 fat 30 protein 20. my login is very tight I have been doing this for a while and trying to eat that many calories is just too much for me. I actually feel full after about 1200 cal and I’m not a big snacker. I’m just wondering if that’s hurting my weight loss goal.

eat more high calorie low volume food like peanut butter, full fat dairy etc.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    harrisq958 wrote: »

You didn’t get to the point of needing to lose weight by not being able to eat more than 1200 calories. Have you dramatically changed the foods you eat after joining MFP - think you have to eat all “healthy” foods and not allowing for things that are a little more calorie dense? When you say your logging is tight - are you weighing the foods you eat with a food scale?
  • harrisq958
    Options
    I was already a healthy eater. I use MFP because I was not eating much and wanted to measure my intake. Yes, I do way everything
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    Butter, full fat dairy, red meat instead of only chicken. Eggs, the whole egg, not egg whites. Cheese, nuts, put some cheese on your meat, bacon, cereal with whole milk and a banana.

1700 is not that much food, that's what my daily goal is.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    from the looks of your diary you're not weighing everything? theres grams, oz, spoons and all sorts going on.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Semantics, maybe, but...

You don't feel full on 1200 cals. 1200 is a number. You may feel full on a salad and some chicken and broccoli and a yogurt with granola or whatever else... but you feel full on food, usually on a volume of food. So the trick is changing some of your lower calorie foods for higher calorie foods of the same volume.

Refer to the link @Tiny_Dancer_in_Pink posted above, and see what kind of changes you can make. I find pre-logging my foods can help set a plan for the day. Then, it's just up to me to follow that plan.
  • harrisq958
    Options
    Thanks for the Advice
  • harrisq958
    Options
    from the looks of your diary you're not weighing everything? theres grams, oz, spoons and all sorts going on.
    I am weighting my intake, maybe I am doing it wrong. I use my scale at home and measuring cups and spoons when out.