Am I overtraining??

Options
Hello everyone:
(5'3)
My more normal weight is around 103-105 pounds, but I currently weigh 92 pounds. I lost the weight in a span of five months recently due to exercising more than my usual. I find it hard to believe that I lost so much weight by just walking at a fast because I know some people run for miles and don't get sore like I do. I also ate more but it seemed to cancel out. I did it compulsively due to stress, but I want to find a balance because before I didn't workout as much. I do feel sore a lot of the times, but don't understand why maybe everybody is different and it's too much for me even though it's not super rigorous. Here's an overview of my situation.

My activity level before:
98-105lbs (1,600 calories)
-Walking around house, lots of walking around university campus, taking the stairs, rarely went out for walks on the weekends
-My 15min cardio and strength/yoga routine

What made me lose crazy weight
92lbs (eating 2,100 calories)
-All of the above plus walking at 4mph for an hour daily and a twenty minute walking session

Now
92lbs (eating 2,100 calories) WANT TO GAIN WEIGHT
-Like my activity level before but still keeping an additional 20min walk

Replies

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    Certainly doesn't sound like over training, I'd be more concerned about what and how much you're eating. Maybe take a look at your macros and see if there's a missing link in your diet there.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    If you are eating sufficiently for your activity level and continue losing weight, maybe talk to your doctor? Perhaps there is something like your thyroid that is off and causing you to lose weight?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    As you have posted in the Maintaining Weight forum it's more than a little concerning that you are only 92lbs !

Sounds more like an under-eating issue than an over-training issue.
  • speedingticket
    speedingticket Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You need to see a Doctor. Unexplained weight loss can be a sign of cancer, diabetes, hyperthyroidism, and various other things. If you're eating as you say, and exercising as you say, then your weight loss is unexplained.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    See a doctor. A dramatic weight loss without significant increase in activities or decrease in calories can be a sign of a serious health issue. You are significantly underweight for an adult.