Are Cheat Days Allowed????

Options

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    It i have a "cheat day" I eat less at calories for the two meals i am not eating badly and then I also exercise in the morning and i still dont go too much over on the calories for the day.
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    Ask yourself how long have you been doing this? and is it really a cheat day if you are always aware of what it is that you are eating? think about it. I don't think you will personally put yourself at any risk deliberatly if you splurge now and again and a good way to burn it off is exercise always.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I do cheat MEALS not entire free-for-all days. I find that whole days of whatever I want tend to let me give myself permission to be a complete moron and go over by an avg of 1500. At least when it's a singular meal, I only go over by 500 or so.
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself how long have you been doing this? and is it really a cheat day if you are always aware of what it is that you are eating? think about it. I don't think you will personally put yourself at any risk deliberatly if you splurge now and again and a good way to burn it off is exercise always.

Yes!!!!! Its so right u can have as long u exercises n portion yourself! !! Thax
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I call it a "free day" (and I despise the term "cheat day"). One day a week, have at it. The rest of the week, strive for perfection.

It's really up to the individual, based on their goals and personal preference.

I do the same! And I make sure to log it, too. And really, it's usually not that far off my calorie goal. Which shows me that I'm starting to make healthier choices - the real goal.
  • FinallyFit28
    FinallyFit28 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with having "cheat" day(s) but what I find works well with me is not putting myself on a strict diet. I'm practicing portion control with everything I enjoy eatting. Somedays I feel like eatting more of this than that but I do my best to balance those "cheat" days with more exercise. It looks like you are doing well. Keep it up. :happy:
  • FinallyFit28
    Options
    Totally agreed with how you put it.
  • Obstinate07
    Options
    I agree, I eat the meals that I want and suprising I am losing weight with that method and I don't feel deprieved. However, the key is to eat in moderation like you said.
  • FinallyFit28
    Options
    lol...what brand do you use? I like the Lean Dessert Protein shake (Chocolate Coconut) Yummy!!
  • nickiben
    nickiben Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If you get a good deficit every day, but then blow it all on a cheat day once a week, whats the point??? I work treats into my daily calorie allowance, so I can still have that bar of chocolate and not feel deprived, but then dont undo all my good work.
  • Melicca
    Melicca Posts: 4
    Options
    I have 2 cheat meals a week, note this is only one meal out of the day, not a whole day of pigging out lol. Have a look at this page:

http://www.scoobysworkshop.com/cheatmeals.htm

I quite often refer to Scooby for everything nutrition and exercise related, have a look around his website.

Hope this helps :)
  • Melicca
    Options
    I have 2 cheat meals a week, note this is only one meal out of the day, not a whole day of pigging out lol. Have a look at this page:

I quite often refer to Scooby for everything nutrition and exercise related, have a look around his website.

• Melicca
    Options

• LMorrison1009
    LMorrison1009 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I think the idea of cheat days are silly. For me anyway. I can't wrap my mind around it. I don't allow cheat days in my marriage. I don't allow cheat days in my parenting. I don't allow cheat days in my job. Why would I allow cheat days in my food intake? I allow myself to have everything I want in moderation. Sunday night, my son came home from his grandmothers house with a box of cupcakes. He wanted me to have one. I wanted to have one. But it didn't fit into my day. Monday, I made sure it would. I didn't consider it a cheat at all. I budgeted my calories to allow for it. I think of it like my financial budget. If you want something it is worth planning and saving for. I have another 80 pounds to lose to meet my goal, and I set my goal at a higher weight than most. I could probably stand to lose 100 pounds. So the way I look at it is this... Anything I eat is something I am eventually have to work off. It's like having tons of debt and adding more. I don't want to do that.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I eat what I crave, when I crave it. I also make sure it works into my calories and that The rest of the day I eat well. For example: I ate well all day yesterday, did lots of hiking, had a ton of calories left and my sister and I though Taco Bell sounded yummy so we went there. I still stayed under my calories and ate healthy for all of my other meals.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    what worked for me - postpone cheat days until AFTER you've lost the first 10lbs and then allow cheat meals or cheat days in moderation once weekly/monthly/whatever.
    you'll notice by then that you won't crave the things you used to and you'll be satisfied with smaller quantities of the things you can't live without.
  • veelah21
    Options
    I say eat everything you want but in moderation. I use a small bowl to portion my meals. But I eat like 5 times a day.
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat meals or cheat days. I eat what I want, when I want it. I've learned to eat all the things I enjoy - IN MODERATION. I feel, for me, knowing I can have whatever I want, whenever I want it has helped to control the binge eating I used to experience a lot of the time. I also feel like it makes this less of a "diet" and more of a "lifestyle change". I've learned to log what I eat, account for the calories and move on with my day.

Ditto!

I never cheat a day of exercising, logging or eating. I eat what I want, just smaller portions now. And I know that if I dont exercise, its only hurting me, so why cheat? I'm in it to win it! Good luck!
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    If you get a good deficit every day, but then blow it all on a cheat day once a week, whats the point??? I work treats into my daily calorie allowance, so I can still have that bar of chocolate and not feel deprived, but then dont undo all my good work.

Agreed! Great point!! Dont blow all of your hard work!
  • mojo75
    mojo75 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    just my opinion but there is no such thing as cheating. You can eat anything you want if you burn it off. My past attempts have failed because I would cut out foods I've loved and went crazy. Now If I want something I have it. This site makes it easy to know what you have to do to get rid of something you ate. I am a pizza junkie and on average a slice of pizza is in the neighborhood of 150-300 calories depending on crust and toppings. I know that I can go eat three slices of thin crust cheese from Cici's and its just under 500 calories. It takes me a good 45-60 minutes of cardio to burn that off but damn is it worth it!!!