Is it a bad sign

Options
I am HUNGRY!!!! Why won’t I fill up... I think I’m losing weight still what’s going on. 5’4 140lbs eating between 1200 and 1400 cal a day. Closer to 14 than 12

Replies

• Suly09
    Suly09 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I find I feel fuller if I get a lot of fibre for my cals. Like if I am eating white rice for dinner, I'll mix it with an equal volume of fine chopped broccoli or brussels sprouts. If I'm ovulating though I could eat a horse and not feel full.

I am the same as the OP. I tend to still feel very hungry. I used to eat a lot of white rice (steamed) and that would keep me full longer after lunch (now I eat black beans instead) but I was told white rice every other day was not healthy? Is it ok to eat rice most days?
  • victoriarunner3572
    victoriarunner3572 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I run but I have two kids under 2 so I’m lucky if I get to run twice a week. I am nursing however and there is not a good way to track it. I’ve read it’s 300-700 Cals a day. I just want to lose 10 more lbs and then I want to focus on muscle. I have a feeling the last 10 is going to be the hardest.
  • victoriarunner3572
    Options
    So I need to add 500 calories to my diet... I don’t even know if I can do that.... I am struggling now. I’m going to have to eat a lot more eggs and avocado! Should this make me lose faster?
  • victoriarunner3572
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Oh you're nursing, no wonder you're hungry! :smile: Depending on how old your baby is and how often you're feeding, it might be more or less but most mothers add about 500 per day for breastfeeding.
    I probably feed her every hour lol
  • victoriarunner3572
    Options
    Well I feel as if I’ve hit a plateau and adding calories feels like the last thing I need to do. I never knew this all was going to be so confusing.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Well I feel as if I’ve hit a plateau and adding calories feels like the last thing I need to do. I never knew this all was going to be so confusing.

Losing weight can be hit or miss while you're nursing. 5'4 140 is a healthy weight, not to say you shouldn't lose more weight but you can't expect it to just drop off at this point. You should be aiming to lose @ half-a-lb per week with your stats, and eating enough to support your milk production, unless you're ready to stop nursing.
  • victoriarunner3572
    Options
    Well at my six week pp visit I weighed 158 three weeks later I weighed 150 at the doctor on a calibrated scale. Today I weigh 140.i wasn’t even trying until a month ago. I’m going to a least keep eating the way I have I’m eating healthier than I ever had which is way better for the baby. Not to mention my biggest problem is my belly. I’m pretty sure I have 10 lbs of fat in my belly alone. Should I focus more on abdominal exercises?
  • victoriarunner3572
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    You should focus on taking good care of yourself and keeping up your milk supply and be patient. I mean, ab exercises are fine, but wont cause fat loss. Losing weight when you are already at a decent weight is slow and lost weight can easily hide behind water weight fluctuations on the scale.

You don't say how long pp you are, but you have to give your body some time to recover, you are still asking it to feed your baby on top of what it normally needs to do. You need to give it plenty of rest and fuel!

Two months pp. everything on my body is here to stay. I’m going to have to work to get rid of it. I don’t work and have been very depressed. The exercise and diet have done wonders for me. I see no reason for me not to work on my body.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Just keep in mind it was 40 weeks of pregnancy gain...give yourself that time at least to lose. Your body is still healing.
  • victoriarunner3572
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    So I need to add 500 calories to my diet... I don’t even know if I can do that.... I am struggling now. I’m going to have to eat a lot more eggs and avocado! Should this make me lose faster?

your hungry yet your going to struggle to eat more...? what?
    If I was eating crap it would be easy I have stuck to lean meat and vegetables and SOME whole grains. I could easily get 500 extra calories in cookies but I’m not going to do that.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

your hungry yet your going to struggle to eat more...? what?
    If I was eating crap it would be easy I have stuck to lean meat and vegetables and SOME whole grains. I could easily get 500 extra calories in cookies but I’m not going to do that.

your hungry. eat.