Is it a bad sign

Options

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I had some cookies today, I made them fit and they were good. Pecan coconut cookies. Schwing
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    So I need to add 500 calories to my diet... I don’t even know if I can do that.... I am struggling now. I’m going to have to eat a lot more eggs and avocado! Should this make me lose faster?

your hungry yet your going to struggle to eat more...? what?
    If I was eating crap it would be easy I have stuck to lean meat and vegetables and SOME whole grains. I could easily get 500 extra calories in cookies but I’m not going to do that.

Add some fruit and complex carbs. Add some fats also like extra virgin cold pressed olive oil, peanut butter, nuts. Jmo
  • victoriarunner3572
    victoriarunner3572 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    So I need to add 500 calories to my diet... I don’t even know if I can do that.... I am struggling now. I’m going to have to eat a lot more eggs and avocado! Should this make me lose faster?

If I was eating crap it would be easy I have stuck to lean meat and vegetables and SOME whole grains. I could easily get 500 extra calories in cookies but I’m not going to do that.

your hungry. eat.

I am omg!!! Lol y’all are so damn mean lol
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Agree with above, at two months post partum your body is still adjusting, as are your hormones, your sleep schedule, etc. Eating enough calories to support milk production, and your activity (as a new mom you are bound to be more active than you think), is critically important. The weight loss and body composition will come - you’re already progressing! When you do exercise, you should be eating back some of those calories.

Also - there’s no reason to cut out all foods, things like cookies, or ice cream, or pizza can all be part of an overall balanced, nutrient dense and calorie appropriate diet. Eating nothing but lean meat, veggies and SOME whole grains also sounds like you’re missing out on healthy fats, not to mention a diet that isn’t sustainable.
  • victoriarunner3572
    Options
    Well at my six week pp visit I weighed 158 three weeks later I weighed 150 at the doctor on a calibrated scale. Today I weigh 140.i wasn’t even trying until a month ago. I’m going to a least keep eating the way I have I’m eating healthier than I ever had which is way better for the baby. Not to mention my biggest problem is my belly. I’m pretty sure I have 10 lbs of fat in my belly alone. Should I focus more on abdominal exercises?

What I meant here was I was going to continue eating what I eat. I’ve already added 500 cal of exercise for today and will from here on out.
  • victoriarunner3572
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

Do you get a medal of honour for avoiding cookies? Are you ever planning to eat cookies ever again? What about when your kids have a birthday party? Are you then going to binge and eat 10,000 Calories worth of cookies on the day you do so?

Large deficits all and by themselves can produce ED idiation in people who were previously absolutely ED issue free. In particular this has been SHOWN to take place with 50% deficits at a normal weight. You qualify on both counts.

Do you get a medal of honour for avoiding cookies? Are you ever planning to eat cookies ever again? What about when your kids have a birthday party? Are you then going to binge and eat 10,000 Calories worth of cookies on the day you do so?

Large deficits all and by themselves can produce ED idiation in people who were previously absolutely ED issue free. In particular this has been SHOWN to take place with 50% deficits at a normal weight. You qualify on both counts.

Lo if I have a ED ... it just developed.... you have no idea what kind of information but have been getting. I’m asking and getting advice Because I need it. I’m trying but thanks for the quick mental health exam
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I had some cookies today, I made them fit and they were good. Pecan coconut cookies. Schwing

https://youtu.be/omhIKVpO8OU
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,941 Member
    Options

Lo if I have a ED ... it just developed.... you have no idea what kind of information but have been getting. I’m asking and getting advice Because I need it. I’m trying but thanks for the quick mental health exam

The point was that any such POTENTIAL additional issues are 100% avoidable by choosing a smaller deficit.

In other words if you're already dealing with issues, is there any particular reason you would want to increase your risk of potentially developing additional ones, or would you rather be cautious so as to avoid piling on problems?

I think most people would rather avoid piling on extra problems!

This is not a maybe you're in danger situation.

Your weight loss rate to date indicates that you have a very high deficit. A very high deficit at a normal weight has been shown to by itself cause ED ideation in people who were previously not having any mental problems or ED issues whatsoever.

Avoid the high deficit = avoid the risk.

Simplez.

As a side note I was very happy to hear that you added 500 calories a day!

I wish you nothing but health and success!
  • victoriarunner3572
    Options

The point was that any such POTENTIAL additional issues are 100% avoidable by choosing a smaller deficit.

In other words if you're already dealing with issues, is there any particular reason you would want to increase your risk of potentially developing additional ones, or would you rather be cautious so as to avoid piling on problems?

I think most people would rather avoid piling on extra problems!

This is not a maybe you're in danger situation.

Your weight loss rate to date indicates that you have a very high deficit. A very high deficit at a normal weight has been shown to by itself cause ED ideation in people who were previously not having any mental problems or ED issues whatsoever.

Avoid the high deficit = avoid the risk.

Simplez.

As a side note I was very happy to hear that you added 500 calories a day!

I wish you nothing but health and success!

I started eating 1200 calories a day because an app and a calorie calculator told me that is what I needed to eat based on height weight and age. I thought I was doing what I was supposed to based on the best research I could do in a week. After talking on forums with people who have actually changed through diet and exercise I am modifying what I do. I am just trying to be my best fittest self. It’s a learning process for me that’s all.
  • victoriarunner3572
    Options
    This is what I used starting my journey
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Did your health care provider not explain to you that nursing full-time takes a lot of calories out of you? People like to estimate 500 calories a day but there really isn't any way of knowing how accurate that is for each person. If you're nursing full-time you don't have to set your calories at a deficit. You WILL lose weight at maintenance. It may not be a huge amount of weight per week like you might have been experiencing but you'll do it in a way that doesn't cause you to be seriously deprived of energy and nutrients. Thank you for coming here for advice!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,091 Member
    Options
    I started eating 1200 calories a day because an app and a calorie calculator told me that is what I needed to eat based on height weight and age. I thought I was doing what I was supposed to based on the best research I could do in a week. After talking on forums with people who have actually changed through diet and exercise I am modifying what I do. I am just trying to be my best fittest self. It’s a learning process for me that’s all.

But unless the app also factored in that you are breastfeeding, it will be giving you a number far too low - probably about 500 calories per day too low, by most estimates.

Calculators only know what you tell them.

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Suly09 wrote: »
    I find I feel fuller if I get a lot of fibre for my cals. Like if I am eating white rice for dinner, I'll mix it with an equal volume of fine chopped broccoli or brussels sprouts. If I'm ovulating though I could eat a horse and not feel full.

I am the same as the OP. I tend to still feel very hungry. I used to eat a lot of white rice (steamed) and that would keep me full longer after lunch (now I eat black beans instead) but I was told white rice every other day was not healthy?

That's right. All the people in China and India are dead. :disappointed:

OP, glad to hear you've added 500 calories. Are you now on 1600?
  • victoriarunner3572
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Suly09 wrote: »
    I find I feel fuller if I get a lot of fibre for my cals. Like if I am eating white rice for dinner, I'll mix it with an equal volume of fine chopped broccoli or brussels sprouts. If I'm ovulating though I could eat a horse and not feel full.

I am the same as the OP. I tend to still feel very hungry. I used to eat a lot of white rice (steamed) and that would keep me full longer after lunch (now I eat black beans instead) but I was told white rice every other day was not healthy?

That's right. All the people in China and India are dead. :disappointed:

OP, glad to hear you've added 500 calories. Are you now on 1600?

• victoriarunner3572
    Options
    It’s actually at 1800
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,091 Member
    Options
    Good.

1800 sounds more realistic.

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    It can take up to 10 weeks for the uterus to return to pre pregnancy size and position, longer for the skin to contract.

Have you been checked for diastasis recti? Some ab exercises can make it worse, so be careful when you work out until you have.

Glad you have upped your cals. Neither you or your baby need to go hungry.

Cheers, h.