Cannot eat all my slotted calories most days

Options
Hey all. So I have been tracking everything I eat, eating healthy, getting alot more veggies and protein in my diet. Seems like most day I can't eat all my calories. When I do try to bump up my calories to finish the day it sometimes results in my fats going up for the day. I am also trying to eat less carbs. 50-100 grams per day. And I'm feeling great and more energetic. Just cannot seem to eat all my calories. Any suggestions?

Replies

• acollee1985
    acollee1985 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am trying to lose weight. I did very well for the 2 weeks of tracking. But never realized how much fat I was taking in and by eating all my calories every day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Yes, I am trying to lose weight. I did very well for the 2 weeks of tracking. But never realized how much fat I was taking in and by eating all my calories every day.

Fat doesn't make you fat.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    You are not the first to have this "problem" and won't be the last. The good news is, it will completely fix itself very soon when that initial dieter's high wears off. In the meantime, just apply yourself to learning accurate logging skills (yes, they must be learned). I would also suggest thinking about how you want to eat for the rest of your life, not just the weight loss phase, and eat that way now (within your calorie goal).
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    We gained weight as we over ate
    I think you may have the usual fear of lost control = I can’t eat mentality incase I can’t stop
    Add healthy fats to your foods
    Eat clean as possible. Fresh meat veg fruits as these are what the body runs best on
    A handful bits will add lots healthy calories

We got fat as we ate it’s easy to over eat
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

You need fat...dietary fat is highly essential to a proper, healthy diet. Cutting fat too low is very unhealthy.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    These suddenly types fat
    Saturated
    Healthy

Nuts salmon olive oil etc are good healthy fats that’s what we need
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Are you keeping your fats low for medical reasons? I treat my fat and protein goals as minimums to reach every day rather than maximums to stay under. Very few people hit their macros dead on on any given day. Some things will go over, some under. You get to pick which ones worry you most.

You might find some ideas of things you can add to your diet here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1