New to Keto but also post-bariatric

I am 5 yrs post-op, VSG (Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy), and have regained 40 of the 150 lbs that I lost since 2013. On a serious journey to ditch those ugly 40 lbs. I started doing Keto yesterday and feeling great. Already down 3 lbs, which is most likely water weight. I am looking for Keto friends in general but if there is anyone out there who has gone through bariatric surgery and is doing Keto, that's even more awesome!

Replies

• blue_eyed_momma
    blue_eyed_momma Posts: 2 Member
    Hey. Attempting keto. WLS in 2012. Not sure how to add friends.
  • Pwolak1952
    Pwolak1952 Posts: 1 Member
    i am also post op bariatric. I had the ru ny. 9 years ago. I have gained 60 pounds of the 160 lost. I am 65 years old and having a tough time losing. I am going to count what I eat. the doctors tell me to go back to the original diet that we were given after 6 weeks post op but I got to tell you tough to stick to it. I still get full fast at meals but the inbetween meals and night eating that I have a problem with. I have a lot of stress in my life and am trying to deal with it. if you have any suggestions to beat this thing I would greatly like your input. what is this keto?
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,099 Member
    can I inquire, where you folks count calories during regain?
  • Lynn5707
    Lynn5707 Posts: 23 Member
    Hi,
    I am VSG as well 7/2011. Have gained back 40-50 from my lowest. I have been floundering. I went back to surgeon as well, and they suggested go back on liver reduction diet, nutritionist said concentrate on proteins, stay away from carbs. Haven’t been able to stick with it...
    Maybe we can all support each other? I know I was very low carb for first few years after, had major stressors and went back to processed foods, junk.
  • Lynn5707
    psychod787 wrote: »
    can I inquire, where you folks count calories during regain?

No, I basically returned to bad habits during regain.

• Lynn5707

I don’t know how to add friends either it seems.

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,099 Member
    I was not trying to be a "dick" or anything, I lost 220 lbs, non surgical, and am trying not to regain myself. I am just trying to find common trends on why people regain weight. Thanks ma'am for answering me.
  • Lynn5707
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I was not trying to be a "dick" or anything, I lost 220 lbs, non surgical, and am trying not to regain myself. I am just trying to find common trends on why people regain weight. Thanks ma'am for answering me.

You’re welcome. I didn’t think you were out of line asking.

• kgirl231977
    kgirl231977 Posts: 6 Member
    Doing keto feel free to friend me. Still learning :-)