Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels.! Even that Reece’s!

Options
stephnphil
stephnphil Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all I need to loose over a hundred lbs. yes over100 that sounds huge but I have done it before after my son was born 15 years ago... and than everyone said how great I looked and I ate it all back. I am realizing for mei will always need to weigh in once a week before things creep back on. This is a hard journey and I am anticipating it to take a year or close to it. Factoring in holidays. Or those weeks without a loss. I need all the support I can get and look forward to cheering you on. I am motivated and. We got this one step at a Time,!

Replies

• blackcatfitness
    blackcatfitness Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That phrase is used in the eating disorder community.. It has been for 15 years.

"Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels" has a better ring to it
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    Well done getting back on the wagon. I lost 40lb and then gained back 25lb. I never thought I would when I was at my lowest weight but like you I shunned the scales when I knew that I was eating too much. It's really hard to get motivated to get back to calorie counting and eating healthily but once you get into the swing of things, it becomes second nature again. Just keep going and don't let yourself have any excuses...mine usually is I'm too tired/busy/stressed but the result is that all of those just get worse when I eat to much so eyes on the goal and...no nothing tastes as good as healthy feels! Having said that for me, no food is off limits so long as it fits in my calorie goal. I move more, I eat cake :smile:
  • stephnphil
    Options
    Thank you I really appreciate the advice and inspiration!
  • Skyweigh
    Skyweigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Good for you and re-establishing your goals. I still like the quote, although it is better with a word such as healthier, or (my preference) lighter. That is not to say that feeling your clothes fit better, or being able to wear smaller sizes doesn't feel really good!. When my eating is unhealthy, I feel it a lot more around the middle, and this quote helps me gauge a little better how I want to feel as a result of eating. In other words, tummy feels tighter = smiley face me.
  • stephnphil
    Options
    Even when I tried reporting it it did not give me a way to explain so I just put other in hopes someone will contact me. I am sorry I was unaware of it before and honestly I was just excited to find this app and a community of support. I am 4 Days in and journaling my food and exercising everyday had been key. I feel like a fool getting off the treadmill after a half hour of “ leisurely walking” a little / lot out of breath and sweating but I haven’t skipped a day and I’ve done this before so I can do it again. Thanks for all the encouragement it helps. Life is hard! This is hard and I appreciate the advice and cheering on. One step at a time
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Underneath the "other," there is a text box that you can enter your request. I sent a report for you as well with the requested change. Learning to navigate everything can be an initial challenge, but you'll have it in no time. It also varies if you are using the app or the website. I find that for the forums the website is much easier to navigate.

As for the treadmill, it will build in no time! Keep at it. But if you do take a day off, it's okay. Don't beat yourself up for it (this was my biggest issue), and just get back into it the next day.
  • stephnphil
    Options
    Thank you! I’ll try it again, and thank For the encouragement!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    You are very welcome.