Feeling really down and disgusted

Options
Need a kick up *kitten* just crying most days so ashamed of how I'm just over 15 stone.... used a photo of me upset as motivation. Need to loose the weight for GOOD

Replies

• boredloser
    boredloser Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it. I know it's tough, but it's something that's fixable. :) Logging here can help put things into perspective, and with added friends it can help keep you motivated. Cutting calories gradually paired with walking and occassional cycling worked for me at least. I fell back into bad habits after some things happened and am currently kicking myself too. Just got to forgive yourself and say you'll try again and better tomorrow, that any achievement is big, no matter how small it is.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Need a kick up *kitten* just crying most days so ashamed of how I'm just over 15 stone.... used a photo of me upset as motivation. Need to loose the weight for GOOD

If a friend said that to you, what would say to them?

Not sure how a photo of you being upset is motivating? Just sounds really sad to me.

Eat food you like, in amounts that put you in a calorie deficit, eat some fruit & veg, find an exervise you enjoy.
  • very_berry_pop
    very_berry_pop Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, you have to put emotions on the side, otherwise it would be super hard to keep on track. I used to starve myself and then overeat and I put on weight. It's not a way. You have to accept yourself as you are. If there would be no people on planet so nobody will judge, would you like yourself? I used to keep diary with pics of skinny girls from over the internet to compare and "motivate" myself, it never worked because when I binged, I couldn't get back on track for weeks. Remember, you are amazing. We all are.