Week 4 C25K Complete

Options
Pampering myself to a pedicure after completing week 4 of the couch to 5k training. I’m half way there y’all!!

This week was more mentally challenging than physically. I didn’t think I would make it through the 5 minute jogging intervals but I did.

Each day this week I had to psych myself up to go to the gym. Telling myself just do the best you can. Once on the treadmill I would tell myself, you’ll be disappointed if you don’t push yourself. And guys I did it, I pushed myself and didn’t slow in intensity!

Bring on week 5, with three intervals at 5 minutes jogging!! I can do this!

Hope you all are having success this week

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Running is 90% mental
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Way to go.
  • Claire5520
    Claire5520 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Really good work. The c25k programme is a great way to build cardiovascular and muscular strength gradually. Getting over that initial hump can be really unpleasant and that’s why many people give up on running, but you’ll be up to 20 mins straight before you know it, and getting to that point is a huge achievement. Stick with it, I promise it gets better!
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Great job, am psyching myself to do this c25k when the weather gets warmer
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Claire5520 wrote: »
    Really good work. The c25k programme is a great way to build cardiovascular and muscular strength gradually. Getting over that initial hump can be really unpleasant and that’s why many people give up on running, but you’ll be up to 20 mins straight before you know it, and getting to that point is a huge achievement. Stick with it, I promise it gets better!

Yep I agree with all of this. You can do it! It's so rewarding when you get 'er done!
  • BklynFitGuy
    BklynFitGuy Posts: 712 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Nice work. It’s a struggle to push through but you’ll amaze yourself when you reach the end. I struggled on day 1 and couldn’t believe I was running for 30 minutes straight by the last session.
  • markyrocks
    markyrocks Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Styggian wrote: »
    Great job, am psyching myself to do this c25k when the weather gets warmer

I'm in Australia and psyching myself up to do it when the weather gets colder lol
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am ready for week 8 day 2 for the second time. (went through it last summer) I struggled a lot the first time through, this time has been really easy, I started about halfway through and have had no issues. I'm planning to go through it again when I'm running the full 5k (I'm a little slow at the moment) and jog super slow at the walking periods and run faster at the running intervals. I never in a million years thought I could run, cause I'd be exhausted after 30 seconds. This program has been so great for me!
  • ljg419
    ljg419 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just finished the first day of week 3! Very excited to keep going!
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 4 as well (Day 3) -- I am LOVING the program, and am learning it is definitely a mind game. I am pushing my body to places I thought it would NEVER go, and quite honestly, that feels powerful. Is it hard? YES! Is it worth it? YES!

Anyone who is debating it, TRY! When it gets a bit hard, I just slow down a little (but never stop) - if I can do this, truly you can as well!

Feel free to send a friend request if you want someone else chugging away at it as well. :)
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Nice work. It’s a struggle to push through but you’ll amaze yourself when you reach the end. I struggled on day 1 and couldn’t believe I was running for 30 minutes straight by the last session.

I'm glad to hear you say that! I definitely struggled week 1 - it was HARD! When I hit this week (week 4)- I worried that I couldn't do the three and five minute intervals, and yet I am .... I still look ahead and think there's no way I'll be able to do week 8 - glad to hear you felt the same, but were able to!

#slowandsteady
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    chesves wrote: »

I'm glad to hear you say that! I definitely struggled week 1 - it was HARD! When I hit this week (week 4)- I worried that I couldn't do the three and five minute intervals, and yet I am .... I still look ahead and think there's no way I'll be able to do week 8 - glad to hear you felt the same, but were able to!

#slowandsteady

Yes I was scared every time that the time was bumped up. I wish I had not scrolled ahead to see what I was in for. Way to go so far. You got this!
  • kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    chesves wrote: »
    I'm on Week 4 as well (Day 3) -- I am LOVING the program, and am learning it is definitely a mind game. I am pushing my body to places I thought it would NEVER go, and quite honestly, that feels powerful. Is it hard? YES! Is it worth it? YES!

We're in the same place! Today I did week 5 run 1. I'm in disbelief that next run will be 8 minute increment, and the one after TWENTY continuous minutes. But, I feel like it's going to happen!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!