New and looking for friends!

Options
Hey everyone, I’m super new at this, but I’m hoping to make some friends to help along my journey and so I can help with yours ☺️

I’ve always been overweight and lost a good amount when I played tennis in school and when I work my summer job at an amusement park I tend to lose about 20 or so pounds. But it doesn’t stay gone for long. I’m no longer at my heaviest but I’m no where near where I want to be.

I have great friends and family, and had a very loving boyfriend and thought all of their love could mask how unhappy I was with myself. But as friends went off to college and I’ve just recently gone through an awful breakup, I’ve decided that enough is enough. I’ve began going to a gym and trying (with little knowledge) on how to eat properly. I’m 21, and I’ve been uncomfortable with myself for long enough. Here’s to being hot at 22!

But anyways, I’m looking to make friends here while I do this. I’m in the Richmond area if anyone wants to go workout one day as the weather gets nicer.

Thanks for reading ☺️

Replies

• elsayegh25
    elsayegh25 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    welcome to the club and good luck!
  • khaleesigoesketo
    khaleesigoesketo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    First off, so proud of you for taking steps! It's hard to get to the point of saying enough is enough and trying to do something about it, so you're already doing well!

I'm not in the area, but i'm always happy to trade fitness tips and share any knowledge I have to help everyone out!
  • mk11wagn
    mk11wagn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add. I'm pretty new here too
  • jrbovee20
    jrbovee20 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm pretty new as well.

• Faygetshealthy_2018
    Faygetshealthy_2018 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Add me if you wish!
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish. I'm happy to help encourage you along the way.
  • majesticmonique
    majesticmonique Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Extremely proud of you! Feel free to add me so we can encourage each other
  • ivanggarcia95
    ivanggarcia95 Posts: 35 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I kind of went through a similar experience as you did, so I feel you on that. Went the route of exercising the first month without changing much in my nutrition. The next month, I found out just how important calorie counts were and how it helped a lot with weight loss compared to only exercising.

Either way, let's get it :smiley:
  • jmmccandless9454
    jmmccandless9454 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm with you I'm new as well
  • jmmccandless9454
    Options
    I need friends add me
  • rickyadams2996
    rickyadams2996 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Any ladies just wanna chat ? 37 male from uk. X add me x
  • blazewilder
    blazewilder Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Agreed, the journey to lose weight can be a tough one when you seem not to make any progress. At least you have lost quite a lot of weight at some points. For me, I've been gaining weight steadily all my life, with a whopping 25 pound increase last year! :( I'll be your friend, and we'll cheer each other on! (:
  • Aaron949
    Aaron949 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Doug_T
    Doug_T Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Happy to help. Been here a while but was away for months. Back at it again.
  • gennecobb
    gennecobb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ads me as friend, alway like new ftiend
  • jbhartzell4214
    jbhartzell4214 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi this is my first week on MFP. Love to add you as friend but not sure how to do it.
    Jan
  • jmmccandless9454
    Options
    Feel free to add me