Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hiya! =D

HI! My name is Nicky. I'm 42 and a nerd. lol I have been over weight for the majority of my life until I decided it was time to get healthy in Oct 2017. At that time I weighed 280 lbs, was on blood pressure medication, and stomach medication. My back hurt all the time, and I was miserable. My goal became to lose enough weight to get off my meds.
I made the decision to start eating Low Carb, moderate protein because I really felt like it would be a sustainable way of eating for me...and it has been!
I am down 95lbs and just began working out a month ago, doing weight training and cardio. Going to the gym is something I really enjoy and look forward to! I have also been off all my medication for over a month now with NO issues! :)
I really enjoy the MyFitnessPal app as it helps me stay in control of my eating habits. I'm a strict macro watcher and track -everything- I eat.
Not quite sure what else to say...happy to be here! Thanks for taking the time to read this! :)

Replies

• lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Hi Nicky! Great to meet you! You have done fantastic! I’m also moving to a more low carb plan. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.