Fitting Wine into my diet

Options
FitNPJ
FitNPJ Posts: 3 Member
edited March 2018 in Food and Nutrition
Hey guys I’m new to this app and kinda new to calorie counting... I have been doing okay so far and according to MPF I’m on my way to my goal weight in okay time!

However this has come with many sacrifices, how can I continue on my weight loss path while still including this I used to enjoy: Wine, spaghetti (any carb), and Cinnabons lol?

Also I would like some people to follow who are on the same journey as me. I am 6’2 160lbs trying to get to 145/140, with some muscle. So add me or I’ll add you idk how this works lol. THANKS!

Replies

• ZRunner5Lulaica
    ZRunner5Lulaica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I pre-log most of my meals. It lets me see what I'm eating in calories and where I can make cuts to better fit my calorie range. For higher calorie foods, I will pick smaller portions (usually by halving and saving part for another day or splitting with someone).
  • mrs_kris_campos
    mrs_kris_campos Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    All that yummy stuff has GOT to fit in somewhere, right?! LOL

I like to save my extra calories for a once-a-week reward/cheat meal. I may (and will) go over my calorie limit on that day, but I do not worry too much about it because I have been good all week long and have saved those calories for that meal.

Good luck figuring out what works best for you, and please feel free to add me if you like. I have a lot more weight to lose than you, but motivation is motivation no matter what size we are or what goals we are trying to reach!
  • soysaucekitty
    soysaucekitty Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree with pre-logging and then sort of working backwards if that makes sense?? If I know I am going to have
    2-3 glasses of wine which is about 400 or so calories depending on what type of wine you drink then I have to either burn off extra calories or lighten up on snacks or meal choices during the day.

I like "tweaking" my food choices. For instance, I found these great full size wraps for 60 calories and seven grams of fiber. Made by "Tumaro". Add a big bunch of arugula, tomatoes, cucumbers, sprinkle of feta, and lunch is under 100 calories and huge and delicious. So that's about a 300 calories savings right there off my normal lunch. Walk an extra mile for another 100 calories and pull that cork and enjoy!
  • Fisah17
    Fisah17 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    FitNPJ wrote: »
    Hey guys I’m new to this app and kinda new to calorie counting... I have been doing okay so far and according to MPF I’m on my way to my goal weight in okay time!

However this has come with many sacrifices, how can I continue on my weight loss path while still including this I used to enjoy: Wine, spaghetti (any carb), and Cinnabons lol?

Also I would like some people to follow who are on the same journey as me. I am 6’2 160lbs trying to get to 145/140, with some muscle. So add me or I’ll add you idk how this works lol. THANKS!

I'll add you and can understand not wanting to give everything up that you enjoy which is not sustainable and will only cause you to indulge when you do give in. Why not try compromising on an amount or try calories cycling and save the wine for the higher calorie allowance days? I'm 5'9" and looking to lose 10 lbs of fat before I hit maintenance mode and work on muscle tone and definition.
  • soysaucekitty
    soysaucekitty Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    "Potatoes vs wine" made me chuckle. Oh my my....how many times I don't plan ahead and I am faced with the same type of dilemma. Mine is usually pasta or wine. I found shiritaki noodles which helped solve my dilemma! They are not for everyone and I don't eat them all the time but if I want wine and didn't plan ahead, shiritake noodles for 0 calories are my saving grace. Another "tweak".
  • FitNPJ
    FitNPJ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    You're already at a healthy weight and your goal would qualify you as underweight. You'll likely be better off doing a recomp, where you eat at maintenance and follow a progressive lifting program. This will give you plenty of calories that you can fit those things into your diet as you wish.

Before college my weight would fluctuate between 140 and 150 but I was doing track and stuff but when I started college I gained A LOT of weight lol I guess it was all the partying and unhealthy food and not working out like I was supposed to. I really just want to get back to what I was in HS while incorporating some newfound luxuries lol. But I understand your concern.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    FitNPJ wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    You're already at a healthy weight and your goal would qualify you as underweight. You'll likely be better off doing a recomp, where you eat at maintenance and follow a progressive lifting program. This will give you plenty of calories that you can fit those things into your diet as you wish.

Before college my weight would fluctuate between 140 and 150 but I was doing track and stuff but when I started college I gained A LOT of weight lol I guess it was all the partying and unhealthy food and not working out like I was supposed to. I really just want to get back to what I was in HS while incorporating some newfound luxuries lol. But I understand your concern.

Ultimately you get to decide what weight you want to be, so feel free to disregard this. But our bodies are different when we are grown women than they were when we were high school girls, and it may be unrealistic to aim for the weight you were in high school. At 6'2" 145lbs you will be a touch underweight. And that means it will be difficult to maintain, and will require sacrifices. Sometimes maintaining a healthy (but higher than you thought you wanted to go) weight while focusing on strength training and fitness can get you the body you want without losing more weight. Just something to think about, whatever you decide, good luck!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I had to give up wine for a while to hit my goal. It was worth it. Now, I only drink if it’s an occasion (holiday, date night, Birthday) and never at the house.
  • betty_veronica4
    betty_veronica4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your calorie plan, then include if it works for you. I suggest pre-logging to make sure it will work in your day.
  • hoops1888
    hoops1888 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Girl after my own heart! Lol :smiley:
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    enter the wine first, and then work around it
  • Mandy72M
    Mandy72M Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of wine every day and 3 bottles at the weekend. Weightloss still working for me! 11 pounds to go!
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I can fit wine in just fine if I want to.

I can't fit in the things I do after drinking it, however :(
  • lmitchellf
    lmitchellf Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Usually I have to be in a good mind set when deciding to add wine to my day. Am I overly emotional? Have I been wanting to binge all day? If yes, I do NOT drink wine because then I usually end up making poor decisions. If I know I can stick to one glass, I just drink it and track the calories. Dinner that night is usually very vegetable dense ☺️