Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• mcbeef29
    mcbeef29 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm a man in my 40's, this thread caught my attention mostly because I'm a man in my 40's (sorry not sorry, lol). I'm just getting back started and would love to connect with anyone looking for some new friends to help with motivation and help keep this at least a little fun. Don't worry, I'm married so I don't want to date you but I might flirt a little and tell you that you look nice or 'good job' when you're doing your thing.

Have a great weekend ladies! I hope to get at least a few friend requests, sense of humor required. :)
  • charlottemccullough7244
    Options
    Hi, all! I’m 40 and looking to lose 10-15 lbs...in one butt cheek. :) 100 overall. I lost 80 lbs after my third kid was born but life got in the way of keeping it off and I gained it all back and then some. I want to get back to feeling physically better! Support is key. Laughing together, venting together, sharing tips, all that. Hoping to find others in my same boat! Happy Friday!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Post got messed up. Staring over. Damn
  • willow00
    willow00 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! My gusband’s been away this week, so it’s been a real challenge to get some exercise in, but managed 2 runs & a walk. Hoping to get something in sat & Sunday too :)
    I need a new scale. Wondering if it’s worth buying a more expensive one or should I just see what I can find at the thrift store? Have a great weekend!
  • stacey_mntx
    stacey_mntx Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello all! After three years of pursuing a master's degree, working full time and being mom to two and foster mom to one I have definitely let myself go. Time to get back on that horse and get strong again. I can't believe how much my muscles have disappeared! TBH... I hate exercising. It's a real challenge to get myself motivated to hit the gym. Looking for help & motivation here - losing it in my 40's.
  • AllieManc
    AllieManc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and just hit 10kg (22lb) loss so I thought I'd have a dabble with the community and see what others can teach me as I move on in my journey. I'm from Manchester UK and please feel free to add me
  • eshmal
    eshmal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    No idea how this app works and how to add people. Please add me too
  • emypag
    emypag Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all, am turning 40 this year and finding it so hard to lose weight compared to my younger days! I gained 6 stone in my last relationship and desperately trying to get it off! Was 19 and a half stone and now 16 and a half but finding it tougher now. So have started a fitness programme lifting light weights which is really helping. Add me to help motivate each other! Lets fight the fat! Emily
  • JaiNicole7
    JaiNicole7 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm 41, and need to lose just under 50 lbs. I've lost 20-40 a few times and gained it back. :neutral: Now I'd like to use MFP to track more accurately and also to give and receive support! Please feel free to add me!
  • Tontasious
    Tontasious Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been steadily exercising and logging since January, and have a fiery motivation to reach my goals, and see others reach theirs. We can do this ladies!
  • mcbeef29
    Options
    mcbeef29 wrote: »
    I'm a man in my 40's, this thread caught my attention mostly because I'm a man in my 40's (sorry not sorry, lol). I'm just getting back started and would love to connect with anyone looking for some new friends to help with motivation and help keep this at least a little fun. Don't worry, I'm married so I don't want to date you but I might flirt a little and tell you that you look nice or 'good job' when you're doing your thing.

Have a great weekend ladies! I hope to get at least a few friend requests, sense of humor required. :)

Crickets....I’m shocked. Oh well...
  • Sammylou40s
    Sammylou40s Posts: 8 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hi all
    I decided at Christmas that enough was enough, weighing in at 15st 1.
    Started dec 27th and have lost 2 st 6, down to 12st 9.
    I can’t lie, it’s been tough. I avoid treats at all costs. 1 biscuit is never enough and I can’t look at a crisp!
    I’d like to get to 11st. But I know that a plateau is probably just around the corner and I’m dreading that.
    If I offered two tips they would be
    1. Drink loads of water. When you think you’ve had enough, drink more! I’m drinking around 3 litres over 12 hours. Be careful to space it out
    2. In the early days I took a gluconamman supplement from Holland and Barrett. It’s a plant fibre. Take two half an hour before a meal with water and it helps you not to overeat.

If anyone has any tips for me plateau wise I’d be very grateful. I can’t exercise sadly. I have arthritis all over and fibromyalgia Swimming is an option but I’m terrified of water!
    We can do this. Good luck
  • suzyjmcd2
    suzyjmcd2 Posts: 266 Member
    Options

We're all here because we want to better ourselves. Sorry, but we don't need anyone flirting with us - we are here for support, encouragement and motivation. There are other websites available if one wants to flirt.
  • Libelula1047
    Libelula1047 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    44 yrs old and trying to lose 15-20 lbs by May 22. Please add me to inspire and motivate each other!
  • mcbeef29
    Options

suzyjmcd2 wrote: »

We're all here because we want to better ourselves. Sorry, but we don't need anyone flirting with us - we are here for support, encouragement and motivation. There are other websites available if one wants to flirt.

Well said Suzy!

Or maybe lighten up...a little friendly banter mixed in with support can be helpful for some folks. It’s not for everyone which is fine. Just having a little fun, not that serious.
  • suzyjmcd2
    Options
    mcbeef29, sorry, but I, and some of my other friends on here, have had some real creeps messaging us. It's got my guard up. It's just not what we're here for on this "Women in their 40s" board. That's probably why you got crickets here. Hope you find a good group of friends -- my group has been invaluable to me!
  • suzyjmcd2
    Options
    Angela, Glad you liked the 2 ingredient dough! It will no doubt be a staple in my meal planning!!
  • Kikiqueue
    Kikiqueue Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    44 hurtling towards 45. Trying to lose 17 kilos
  • shroodle88
    shroodle88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 42 and tackling those last 5 pounds. Slow but steady. Feel free to add me. We're gonna get there eventually! :-)
  • trudeshbeery
    trudeshbeery Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Added a couple friends on here. Looking for a few more friends that need to lose at least 40+ lbs. I’m 45 one child I like to do all sorts of crafts. Crochet, felt crafts and wood working. For fitness I do Yoga with Adrienne and cardio I change that up each day. Leslie Sansom and trying out a few Fitness Blender workouts for beginners.