Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• alklim
    alklim Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    High protein snacks @willow00-
    I like a little Greek yogurt with my fruit-I think it helps. Also a serving of almonds or cashews adds to fruit’s satiety.

• melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    An apple with 1-2 oz of Cabot 50% light cheddar. Great combo.

There's so many protein snacks. What kind of stuff do you like? Adding Greek yogurt or cottage cheese is always good with fruit.

A sandwich thin with two ounces turkey, slice of low fat cheese and mustard
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Morning Ladies!!!! :)
  • jacesmom4930
    jacesmom4930 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @suzyjmcd2

I posted this in the recipe thread. It was amazing!

Thanks so much for this Melissa. It looks delicious!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I had an amazing weekend, and a big part of that was all the hard work this winter on trying to get my bad leg as far along as I possibly could. No stopping from here, but this weekend was the litmus test on just how much progress it had (or possibly hadn't made), and I'm happy to report that it was no longer a major contributing factor to my riding abilities.

That is all.

• melissa6771
    Options
    I had a good day. Shopped in nashua, then dr appointment, then gym. Did my upper body circuit today. This thing is killer, it kicks my *kitten*. I love it though. Then 30 minutes of the arc trainer to finish it up. Making seared scallops and rice for dinner tonight.
  • ChichiVilla
    ChichiVilla Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I still have time to make it to the gym. I will try right after dinner
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Hey girls!

I hit my new low adult weight this morning after 2-3 weeks of fighting the same 2 pounds!!! I weighed this once ten years ago but because of stress not because I worked for it. And it didn't last long. I am so excited! 3 pounds from my original goal. 5 to next goal and then 2-5 for final one. Getting so close I can taste it! I am at the gym now waiting for the squat rack. Then cardio, going for a massage then errands and home to cook.

Hope you all have a great Tuesday. Do something to work towards your goal today.

Yay Melissa!!! When do you hear the results of your biopsy? That's scary!
  • melissa6771
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hey girls!

@mom23mangos

I hit my new low adult weight this morning after 2-3 weeks of fighting the same 2 pounds!!! I weighed this once ten years ago but because of stress not because I worked for it. And it didn't last long. I am so excited! 3 pounds from my original goal. 5 to next goal and then 2-5 for final one. Getting so close I can taste it! I am at the gym now waiting for the squat rack. Then cardio, going for a massage then errands and home to cook.

Hope you all have a great Tuesday. Do something to work towards your goal today.

Yay Melissa!!! When do you hear the results of your biopsy? That's scary!

Hey lisa, you remember? That's sweet. I have a biopsy on Thursday, mom has lung biopsy 11 days later to see about second surgery for her. Hopefully mine is just abnormal cells. Went through this once before about 10 years ago. Hoping for same results. Fingers crossed.
  • punkahontas71
    punkahontas71 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    add me! I'm 46 and looking to lose 30!
  • LeeshaSeal
    LeeshaSeal Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Me too, me too! 40 with about 45 to lose now.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Terrific Tuesday afternoon Ladies!!!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    I had an amazing weekend, and a big part of that was all the hard work this winter on trying to get my bad leg as far along as I possibly could. No stopping from here, but this weekend was the litmus test on just how much progress it had (or possibly hadn't made), and I'm happy to report that it was no longer a major contributing factor to my riding abilities.

That is all.

That's AWESOME news!!!!!!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    How is everyone doing so far this week? Big plans or goals for March?

Doing great so far, but it's still early:)
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    I can totally relate @angelacatheart !!!!! I lost 52 pounds from Aug 2016 to May 2017. I got down to 118 pounds and looked terrible, skinny fat is what they call it I think. Then life got stressful, I quit logging and I gained 15 back. Got back on track again in January and am determined to lose the last 8 pounds. If it takes months upon months, I am ok with that!!! I just want to look healthy this time :)
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Happy Hump Day Ladies!!!! :)
  • curiousgp
    curiousgp Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    oh lerd....the struggle is real. I'm in the 40+ club trying to loose a few pounds. I've decided it's mostly impossible. Feel free to add me. I could use any encouragement that isn't from Carnal Sanders.

Totally doable - just get your mind straight!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    I don't even bother setting x weight lost in y time goals. I set logging goals, nutrition goals, fitness goals and try to remember that every right choice is better than getting fatter and sicker, no matter what the scale says.[/quote]
    I totally agree with you on this @concordancia !!!!
    It's not necessarily the weight I'm worried about, I just want to feel healthier and fit:)