Activity and calories burned

Options
Mfp has given me 38 calories for walking 18000 steps ? Does this sound accurate ?

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Do you have an Apple Watch? I've found I don't get the proper credit for my steps. I just check the Activity App on my phone to see what I've burned for the day.

~Lyssa
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Maybe. Depends on how you've got your profile setup, specifically your activity level setting.
  • Tashanicole444
    Tashanicole444 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thank lyssa! Pretty name by the way !! Yes I have an Apple Watch and daily calorie totals usually reach 2200 does that sound too High?
  • JesseDP00
    JesseDP00 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Royce284 wrote: »
    Mfp has given me 38 calories for walking 18000 steps ? Does this sound accurate ?

Absolutely not, 18,000 steps would equate to a much higher calorie count.
  • jjpptt2
    Options
    JDPUKCATS wrote: »

Absolutely not, 18,000 steps would equate to a much higher calorie count.

Not necessarily, not the way MFP works.
  • jjpptt2
    Options
    Thank lyssa! Pretty name by the way !! Yes I have an Apple Watch and daily calorie totals usually reach 2200 does that sound too High?

No way to know without knowing what your lifestyle is like. 2200 cals per day is probably pretty low for a construction worker.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I earned about 1k calories from mfp for 17k steps but I was set to sedentary what activity level are you set at the higher the level the more activity you have to do before adjustments kick in
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Thanks!

No - that could be pretty close. What's your height, weight and age?

If I get 12k steps, my total burn is around 2000. I'm 5 feet tall, 133 pounds.

~Lyssa
  • sendtoharvey
    sendtoharvey Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    robbed of your calories burned