Keto friends

Options
KSJR78
KSJR78 Posts: 77 Member
Hi everyone, I’m looking to make some new friends who are also losing weight with the keto way of eating. I’m fairly new to keto so I could use any tips and advice. Please add me if interested. Even if keto isnt your WOE, I can always use more MFP friends

Replies

• bxromero1
    bxromero1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me 30 days doing Keto still pretty new at it.
  • KSJR78
    Options
    Ive been doing a lot of reading on it but I find a lot of conflicting info. I guess we all have to figure out what works for us. What made you decide to go Keto?
  • Bjojo1959
    Bjojo1959 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am taking the beginning steps towards a keto diet. I currently am a sugar addict and have been diagnosed with prediabetes. Counting calories and exercising have not gotten the job done, plus my HDL which is the "good" cholesterol has always run way too low. I have a book arriving in the mail tomorrow plus I have been listening to a docu-series on the internet called the "The Real Skinny on Fat". It is basically about the keto diet, the hows and whys it works, etc. Very interesting and informative. So I am giving it a try. I take meds for BP, cholesterol, depression and would love to get off all of them.
    Question: Do you take any vitamin/mineral supplements on this nutrition plan (I hate the word "diet". LOL).
  • ridi222
    ridi222 Posts: 9 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hey there! I've just recently returned to MFP. I originally joined in 2012 after having my daughter. I had gained 110 lbs and weighed 240 lbs! I had successfully worked my way back down to 140 lbs by 2014 and was really happy until the chaos of life caught up with me (divorce/finances/restarting life over again) and I started eating my emotions. As I mention in my profile, I was emotionally eating to the point where I was waking up and eating two pints of Ben & Jerry's Americone Dream for breakfast.. The next thing I knew, i was back up to 230 lbs by the beginning of 2016.

At the end of that year, I challenged myself to push forward and start breaking out of the rut I was in. I soon found happiness again in 2017 and lost weight without changing much of my diet or exercising. My weight was down to 197 lbs as of Feb 2018.

I'm familiar with low carb living (it's what helped me be my slimmest before) and I'm now on the keto train! I'm just starting Week 2 now and today I weigh 190.2 lbs. My goal is to get back down to 140 lbs by Fall 2018 so I can be my best self again. After I do bounce back, I cannot allow my weight and eating habits to spiral out of control like that ever again.

Since last year, I've been having issues with my immune system and chronic hives. It's called CIU or chronic idiopathic urticaria which i'm taking prednisone for until the allergist helps figure out the next step. I had to make a drastic change and that was just an even greater reason to seriously commit to the keto lifestyle - effective immediately. I hope that this lifestyle change will help improve this condition as well.

This week, I successfully stayed under 20-30 total carbs and today I'm around 35 net carbs. Shark week is coming (TMI - sorry) and I'm struggling with keto flu. I'm still new to keto and trying to understand the whole total carbs vs net carbs thing. The cravings are difficult to deal with right now but I'm managing. Ahhhh - this has been a huge change but I know it will be worth it!

Feel free to add me as well - we've got this!
  • jolrae46
    jolrae46 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting the keto plan too. I have gone one week with moderate changes but got back on mfp to track everything.
  • MacroMiranda
    MacroMiranda Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm one week in and in need of friends for motivation/accountability. Please feel free to add!
  • KSJR78
    Options
    Bjojo-im not takng any supplements at this time but im still researching.
  • badbronco87
    badbronco87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have dabbled in keto a little but officially started on Monday and am soo excited! I'm already down 4lbs!! I'm always open to add more friends and suport each other!!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following low carb daily forum group. It's one of many LCHF/Keto friendly groups here in in MFP where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/1143-keto