Going through relationship depression

Options
dniania
dniania Posts: 251 Member
My boyfriend broke up with me on Tuesday but he’s contacted me everyday since then asking me “how I’m doing ,what I’m doing,still calling me sweetie,and asking me how’s my day going”

Since he broke up why is he keeping in touch

Replies

• dniania
    edited March 2018
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    I think it's because he cares about you and wants to make sure you are ok ..

I mean I’m not okay he was so much to me but it isn’t really helping the fact that he’s talking to me right after he left me
  • dniania
    Options
    Boi Bye. He wants you hanging on to him. Block, delete, and don’t look back.

Thanks I’m trying not to
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'd put him on ignore until you are ready to talk to him.
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options

Boi Bye. He wants you hanging on to him. Block, delete, and don’t look back.

Good advice. Dont torture yourself
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    b/c that's what we do. whether it is to see if you are truly ok, or to see if you're doing as *kitten* as we are, some of us are going to check in. i will say i disagree with people saying to block him. but perhaps some boundaries are needed. and nothing says you need to reply right away either. plus, it might be habit for him to check in with you. and even if he broke up with you, he will find comfort in routine and habits. might be the only comfort he finds today. it also depends maybe on how long you were together and why you broke up. its certainly possible he still cares about you but thought you both were better off apart. you can always ask him why he is contacting you. breaking up sucks. hang in there!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    dniania wrote: »
    My boyfriend broke up with me on Tuesday but he’s contacted me everyday since then asking me “how I’m doing ,what I’m doing,still calling me sweetie,and asking me how’s my day going”

Is the why important? What he is doing is hurting you.
    Tell him he hurt you a lot and hearing from him does not help at all right now. Tell him to leave you alone and then block him.
  • dniania
    Options
    b/c that's what we do. whether it is to see if you are truly ok, or to see if you're doing as *kitten* as we are, some of us are going to check in. i will say i disagree with people saying to block him. but perhaps some boundaries are needed. and nothing says you need to reply right away either. plus, it might be habit for him to check in with you. and even if he broke up with you, he will find comfort in routine and habits. might be the only comfort he finds today. it also depends maybe on how long you were together and why you broke up. its certainly possible he still cares about you but thought you both were better off apart. you can always ask him why he is contacting you. breaking up sucks. hang in there!
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    dniania wrote: »

Is the why important? What he is doing is hurting you.
    Tell him he hurt you a lot and hearing from him does not help at all right now. Tell him to leave you alone and then block him.

Thanks guys
  • adele012
    adele012 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    OP the only thing that will mend your heart is time and distance. Let ole boy know that you wish him well but that you’re moving on with your life. And if he keeps reaching out, like other posters said, hit that block button.

You’re on this site because you have fitness goals. It’s time to focus on yourself now. While you’re at it, start working on other goals unrelated to fitness. Soon he will be a thing of the past. A good looking woman who has her game going ain’t looking for no scrub. Wish you well gorgeous! Hang in there.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I think he's testing the waters with you. Trying to figure out if he still has an 'in' with you just in case he comes back (from doing whatever he's doing now) claiming he's made a mistake.

Either he's the best breaker-upper boyfriend i.e caring about it or he's a reallllly good manipulator.

Just my opinion.
  • dniania
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Honestly? I think he's testing the waters with you. Trying to figure out if he still has an 'in' with you just in case he comes back (from doing whatever he's doing now) claiming he's made a mistake.

Either he's the best breaker-upper boyfriend i.e caring about it or he's a reallllly good manipulator.

Just my opinion.

Thanks
  • dniania
    Options
    adele012 wrote: »
    OP the only thing that will mend your heart is time and distance. Let ole boy know that you wish him well but that you’re moving on with your life. And if he keeps reaching out, like other posters said, hit that block button.

You’re on this site because you have fitness goals. It’s time to focus on yourself now. While you’re at it, start working on other goals unrelated to fitness. Soon he will be a thing of the past. A good looking woman who has her game going ain’t looking for no scrub. Wish you well gorgeous! Hang in there.

You’re right
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    block him your better with out him
  • dniania
    Options
    johnw83 wrote: »
    block him your better with out him

Thankyou
  • dniania
    Options
    adele012 wrote: »

Thankyou!!
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry love, he's probably feeling bad breaking up with you that's why he is still asking about your well being. just don't read way too much about every small things he's doing. because right now you are more emotionally vulnerable because of the break up so there's a tendency for you to read deeply into everything that he does like just by calling you "sweetie". id say, cry for as long as you want, then when you're done, get up and move on. soon enough it will sink in to you that it's done, go thru the whole process then you'll be stronger after. learn from every experience. you will be ok, I was once on the same boat, i learned the hard way, try to workout when you're feeling sad.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Don’t even reply, he’s gonna try even harder to reach you

He broke up with you
    And you don’t need anyone that doesn’t wanna love you

Be strong
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    I don't know you, him, possibly them that led to your break up. I can only speak from experience, they can walk a million miles in the opposite direction, screaming your name with profanity, but for every person they get with they will realize that he/she/they aren't you. The little things everyday that you do that make you so unique, so special, a rare diamond in the sea of mundane and bland people
    That walk will turn into a circle. The question is do you willingly accept someone back who threw you away like yesterday's garbage? Knowing you are a spark from God?