Switching beer for club soda or seltzer

Options
2»

Replies

• Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I resurrected my own thread. I have been alcohol free for 54 days. When I quit beer, I lost an additional 8 pounds. However, I still have the belly bloat and still wonder if it could be the carbonation from the sparkling water. My goal weight is 122 lbs and I am 128 lbs now. (5'5") I measure 31.5" at my belly button. I hadn't considered wheat belly, but I don't eat much wheat. I'll have to check it out though. Meanwhile, my plan is to consider dieting until I'm at my goal weight and then reassess.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Polo265 wrote: »
    I resurrected my own thread. I have been alcohol free for 54 days. When I quit beer, I lost an additional 8 pounds. However, I still have the belly bloat and still wonder if it could be the carbonation from the sparkling water. My goal weight is 122 lbs and I am 128 lbs now. (5'5") I measure 31.5" at my belly button. I hadn't considered wheat belly, but I don't eat much wheat. I'll have to check it out though. Meanwhile, my plan is to consider dieting until I'm at my goal weight and then reassess.

Tons of people on here have lost a shitload of weight but drink carbonated beverages like diet sodas multiple times a day. Doubt it is the carbonation.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Fizz/carbonation makes me bloat so that might be why you are bloated. Maybe try a still drink as an alternative?
    But yes if you're basically cutting 500 cals a day by swapping out your drinks you will lose because that will leave you with a bigger calorie deficit.