Anyone else close to a power lifting meet?

Options
124»

Replies

• deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Open- all ages
    Submaster- 33-39 yos
    Master- 40+
    *ages in my fed (not sure about others)

I don't think my numbers are really that great for a national competition either (except maybe for Submaster).

I'm doing 1 more full meet for sure; then there is a push/pull on the base near me. I might switch to that, b/c squats killed my feet after the last meet (pre-existing foot problems).

The meets are fun once you get your 1st squat done. The 2 weeks leading up to the meet are extremely stressful for me.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I just did a meet last Saturday. I think it was my 32nd or there abouts. I lost count a while ago.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Okay awesome. It'll be a bit easier picking a meet then. I think there's about 7 within should hours of me this year.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Did it. First time 9/9. I don't even think I got a single red light. Nothing special on the bar but I went for the 9/9.

Last year I got 6/9 at this meet and I was devastated. It wasn't fun. I just went to party today and it was a blast.

Now I'm laid up though. Back hurts.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Lots of hoorays interspersed with boo-hoos (for the back).

Cheers, h.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    I'm icing it. Took 5 ibuprofen. Feeling better.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Ouch. I was hoping it would be more like ice in a beverage of choice to numb the pain.

Cheers, h.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Ouch. I was hoping it would be more like ice in a beverage of choice to numb the pain.

Cheers, h.

Nah. Nothing in the house and I'm too laid up to go out lol.