I'm gonna get thrown under the bus for this one....

Options
But how many people are on here take a Rx diet pill or something similar.... but would never tell a soul (whether that be in person, or to a friend online)

That thought crossed my mind, and I wonder if anyone else thinks that.

Then for all the people who defend taking the Rx (I'm NOT saying it's right or wrong, don't wanna start that fight), does that mean they are ashamed of taking it? Or is there another reasoning maybe.

Granted I know it's not anybody's beeswax.... but I'm kinda in a funky mood and wanted to know if anyone else felt the way I do bout that topic.

Replies

• Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Probably those people would say they'd be ashamed of what people might think, which is usually because they secretly ashamed themselves. Usually they're mum because they want to 'get it over with' so they can stop lying or not-telling :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'll admit to trying things like hydroxy cut a few years ago. It was a waste of money, if did nothing for me at all. I love that all of those diet pills say things like "with hydroxy cut and proper diet and exercise you can look like this too." Um, I'm taking a diet pill so that I don't have to worry about proper diet and exercise, thankyouverymuch. Diet and exercise, however, has made me look like I wanted to when I was taking hydroxy cut.
  • Jones115
    Jones115 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have thought about taking diet pills and other extreme weight loss measures as well. This happens when I start thinking that things are moving fast enough for me. I want this weight gone and I mean now! So, I normally try to think about other things besides weight loss to keep my mind away from those thoughts. After all, it is only a matter of being patient with yourself and watching those 1-2 lbs a week can be slow but it is more than what you were doing when you were gaining the weight. If you stick with it, then after 3 months you will have already lost near 30 lbs and in the scheme of things that is not a slow loss.
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have never taken a Rx diet pill in my life. However, I have taken Oxy-Elite Pro which is sold at GNC and a lot of gyms. It is an over-the-counter supplement for fat burning.
  • findmyself
    Options
    I'll admit to trying things like hydroxy cut a few years ago. It was a waste of money, if did nothing for me at all. I love that all of those diet pills say things like "with hydroxy cut and proper diet and exercise you can look like this too." Um, I'm taking a diet pill so that I don't have to worry about proper diet and exercise, thankyouverymuch. Diet and exercise, however, has made me look like I wanted to when I was taking hydroxy cut.

I agree with this, and would also like to add that when I was taking any type of diet pills, I would have the mentality that 'I can eat more since I'm taking a diet pill!' so I usually gained weight.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Dont let anyone bust you for using. In a typical week I go through two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls.

Whatever works.

I am starting to like you a lot.
  • findmyself
    Options
    Dont let anyone bust you for using. In a typical week I go through two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls.

Whatever works.

o.o I am speechless.
  • cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've been tempted to take weight loss supplements, or even a Rx, but then I thought about it, and even if it helped me lose weight a little faster, I want to do this on my own. I don't want to add in things that I won't be using forever. I will take fibre and oil supplements, but that's more for nutrition than weight loss. When this journey is done, I want to be able to look back and say "Hey, I did ALL THAT on my own! I ROCK!". But it can be hard when you see all these ads and such. But I'm going to stick to my guns. Even when I stalled for a month, I stayed strong, and am now past that.

I have tried the CLA, the apple cider vinegar pills, and a couple other things in the past, but always quit those diets when I broke down and had chocolate or some other unhealthy food. This time I'm doing it differently, and it seems to be working so far. It ain't broke, so I'm not fixing it!! :)
  • BecomingMyself
    Options
    I've never taken any type of diet pill or anything like that. Just the idea of a diet pill scares me.
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options

Whatever works.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!:laugh:
    Thanks for that.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Whatever works.

Karen?
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    If they're taking it and wouldn't tell a soul, including online people, then they're probably not going to reply to this thread.

I took Phentermine. I was having trouble losing weight. I'd gotten extremely heavy and worried that maybe I had a thyroid problem or insulin resistance. I made an appt with my doctor to rule anything out. Everything was normal, but she prescribed 3 months of this pill. She wouldn't give me any more, but she suggested I cut the pills in half to take them for 6 months. It helped kick start my weight loss, and I don't regret taking it. I would never take something OTC, though. I trust my doctor so I trusted her with these.
  • steph1113
    Options
    Interesting thought and not really sure. I do know one that is working on a weight-loss program that will be monitored for the next several years, but no pills to speak of.

I think I have a mix-bag of emotions on this one though. As much as I would like to take a pill, for me, I worry about the side effects and there seems to be a lot of them these days. My accountability comes from talking with others, the scale and tracking my real evil...hand-to-mouth. :-)

Should be fun to see what you get on this thread. BTW - huge Dave Ramsey fan! Total Money Makeover has changed our lives!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    i take fiber pills. there i said it.
    so far everything is coming out just fine.
  • beautybrainsbooty
    beautybrainsbooty Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    you have to do whats right for YOUR body. If you find something that works, then by all means use it. What I've discovered is that in the beginning if you have a lot to lose, pills/drops will kickstart you. But then after a while effectivness wears away and you have to work. Excercises. Food choices. Mind changes. You have to seriously work for what you want. There is no magic potion or we would all be model thin. I always say listennnn to your own body. Be Well!!!!l! :bigsmile:
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options

Whatever works.

Hilarious
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options

Whatever works.

Good to hear you are starting to wean yourself off all of that!!!
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Any diet pill label you read will say some thing along the lines of seeing amazing results when used with diet and exercise. The truth is the diet and exercise is what gets the results, not the pills.
  • chantihayes
    Options
    Nice question.
    @ Anyway, I got to a point where I was desperate, so I tried it and remembered the crap I talked to them , about them.. and wasn't ashamed, but didnt want to be ridiculoud... If that makes sense... (and sorry for spelling errors, typing fast w/ frozen fingers!!lol)... Now, I'm doing it the Right way!! :D
  • findmyself
    Options

Whatever works.

o.o I am speechless.

Look at the ticker- the scale done lie, sweetie.

I'm choking on a mixture of laughter, semi-offended disbelief, and the coffee I was drinking.