What was your oh f#!; moment

Options
My oldest son got married. At the end of last year. He is in the military so they decided just to have a small service. I wear scrubs to work and had been wearing lots of jogging pants recently. That shoulda been my first clue. Lol. So I was trying on my dress clothes to wear and even my big clothes were too tight. I thought aw f@$! I realized it was time to do something. I am down from 275 to 247.6. My goal weight is 205. I thought it would be neat to share when we realized it was time to do something about our weight.

Replies

• pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    About 46-49 lbs ago.. 3 years maintaining now. Makes me laugh thinking back. I have a golf wind shirt with a small v neck collar. At my highest weight I could not believe it just barely fit over my head ! I never knew that your head also got bigger with added weight. Add to that back fat rolls. Enough !!
  • tonyv325
    tonyv325 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Went into hospital for a back operation. I got on a set of scales for the first time in years to check in and nearly fell off in shock. There is no place better than a hospital to consider your future health.
  • Vonny198334
    Vonny198334 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Love these, it's amazing what spurs us on!
    I've had many in my life but none of them jolted me out of my terrible lifestyle... suppose in my case everything just sort of snowballed & came to a head...

The one that will always stick in my mind & definitely SHOULD have been my catalyst was actually about 5 years ago though. I broke my elbow & when the Doctor put my x-ray on the lightbox to show me where it was fractured, there was just this HUGE arm around this tiny wee set of bones.
    I was genuinely shocked how fragile they looked - and not just because I'd broken one of them! :s
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    When I put on my jeans and had a bulging spare tyre! enough was enough :/ I refused to go up another size.

^This.

I refused to spend ANY money on bigger clothes. It meant wearing tight things for a while longer, but that was 4 years ago, and last week, I finally gave those clothes away :)
  • SexyManTrackingCalories
    Options
    fhorn wrote: »
    My oldest son got married. At the end of last year. He is in the military so they decided just to have a small service. I wear scrubs to work and had been wearing lots of jogging pants recently. That shoulda been my first clue. Lol. So I was trying on my dress clothes to wear and even my big clothes were too tight. I thought aw f@$! I realized it was time to do something. I am down from 275 to 247.6. My goal weight is 205. I thought it would be neat to share when we realized it was time to do something about our weight.

I started in late October of 2017 at 275lbs. Now I'm at 225lbs. Life's is awesome when mid term goals are a living reality. Good luck my man! 205 is in the horizon :-)
  • SexyManTrackingCalories
    Options
    My holy blank moment was when I had to wear bball shorts in the winter because I couldn't fit in any of my clothes!
  • elsayegh25
    elsayegh25 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    was running sprints on treadmill and oh *kitten*, have to run to the toilet or I'll *kitten* my pants, left it on and took my sprint to the toilet