Feeling shaky after breakfast

Options
Has anyone else experienced an shaky feeling inside (not actually shaking), immediately following breakfast?

I have noticed it happening to me maybe once a week definitely not everyday, despite me eating the same thing for breakfast. I eat about an hour or so after waking and have 1/2 cup of dried oats cooked with water + 2 tbsp of peanut butter, which gives me a decent number of carbs, fat, and protein and a cup of chai tea.

This morning I noticed I felt a smidge hungrier and muscles felt tired walking to work ( I eat as soon as I reach the office).

The shakiness isn't bad as I am able to work but it is annoying as it takes 1+ hours to go away.

Replies

• crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Did you just start reducing calories? Are you on any new medications?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Are you running a deficit?
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Possible Reactive Hypoglycemia or low blood pressure ? ...... how much of a deficit are you in if you are loosing weight ?
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am in maintenance and have been for the past two months and no to the new medication.
  • crystalewhite
    Options
    Is it possible that you are getting fewer calories than you think you are? If you are tracking, has there been a pattern in what you eat the day before you have a dizzy spell?
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Have you talked to you doctor? This could be sign of something that needs attention with blood pressure or glucose etc. I would want to have that checked out if it was consistently happening since this isn't normally what you would expect unless you were taking a powerful stimulant.
  • crystalewhite
    Options
    Does any of your existing medication cause low blood pressure? I take Aldactone and I have to spread out my dose. I accidentally took them too close together on Sunday and was dizzy on Monday.
  • RadishEater
    Options
    Not that I'm aware of re: medication, but it's worth double checking.
    Thanks for the suggestions , I think I'm going to try to track the appearance of the shakiness in more detail before going to the Dr so I can see if there are any patterns.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Does it happen the same day of the week? Or is anything else recurring on those particular days?
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Could it be a caffeine buzz? Not sure if there's caffeine in that tea or not...
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Could it be a caffeine buzz? Not sure if there's caffeine in that tea or not...

That's what I was thinking... chai can be fairly high in caffeine.
  • RadishEater
    Options
    I dont think it is the tea, because I had only had a couple sips of tea when the internal shakes started. Also as a tea lover, I can feel the difference in caffeine between twinings awake black tea (lots of caffeine) vs the chai I drink and green tea.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It sounds like low blood sugar to me. Easy enough to check. Add an egg to your breakfast and see if it makes any difference.