Looking For Desk Jockie Friends

Options

Replies

• thelettermegan
    thelettermegan Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like the 2x daily plank idea. I might try that.
  • TaThor1
    TaThor1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Adding! I'm a 40 hour banker so I'm lucky to walk to the bathroom and back
  • Turn_2
    Turn_2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Check out the app Sworkit. It is perfect for us desk jockies. It also links to MFP. I shut my office door and do 10 minutes every day.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Minus my morning workout I'm on my butt all day long, really miss being on my feet all day at work.

I walk the building at lunch and go to the more distant bathrooms. Up stairs. Minus that not much else can be done. Won't walk outside in this area, to many drug addicts and beggers.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    ooba7afx0zzn.jpg

Not a desk jockey, but had to post this :)
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Monday-Friday 8-5 at a bank in a downtown setting. I take at least two walks a day (about 1 mile each) to try to get blood flowing at 10 a.m. and 3p.m. if weather and my work load permit. Otherwise, I work out at home 3-5 times a week. I also have two babies under two so my time for exercise is few and far between.
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Been doing better the last few days at remembering to get my stairs in - there is just one flight of 20 steps but 5x in a row annoys no one as they are out of the way.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    me. too. at. desk. all. day.
  • faythe621
    faythe621 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm at my desk for the majority of the day. Definitely would appreciate the motivation to get moving! I work 8:30-5 Monday-Friday.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I'm at a desk M-F 8-4:30pm. Small business with no stairs or long distances to walk so I try and walk outside when the weather allows.
  • Turn_2
    Options
    I added everyone. This group is gonna be fun
  • Turn_2
    Options
    Note to self: Before doing deskercises make sure I have deodarant at work.
  • BSPOHN36
    BSPOHN36 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sit in a cubicle all day as well. Two 10 min breaks and one 30 minute lunch. Biggest issue is stress eating chips and chocolate at my desk. Gained 40 pounds since starting there 2 years ago.....
  • awash10
    awash10 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I sit at my desk all day. I've been at my job for 2 years it has added 30lb. I work for a healthcare company and I am not sure how they go for motivating a healthy life style because there is always some type of food around. One of my coworker just brought in bakery cupcakes and on each cup cake was a chocolate cover strawberry. HHHEEELLLPPPP
  • sweetjen8302
    sweetjen8302 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I sit at a desk all day too. I work in Downtown New Orleans, so its waaay too easy to get a good and fattening lunch! I have been prepping food for lunch on the weekend and limiting myself to eating lunch out only once a week. I have also been concentrating on increasing my water intake. For exercise, I have been doing 10 push-ups on the bathroom wall when I go (which is more often since I am drinking a lot of water!) and I have been taking the stairs in the parking garage, which is 5 floors.
  • Turn_2
    Options
    Today's deskercise goal while at work is to once an hour close my office door and do 25 pushups. That is a total of 225. What is your goal my fellow desk jockies?
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Thehardmakesitworthit Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Hi! Gonna add ya. I invested in a stand up desk. I close my door for planks and the occassional dance party when the playlist is on point :)
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    At a desk all day too! I try to walk for 10-15 minutes twice daily, and use my standing keyboard when applicable. Sometimes I get in a file room workout when I can!
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Turn_2 wrote: »
    Looking for friends who sit at the desk all day. Would love to build a friendlist who can motivate each other and come up with different daily fitness challenges while at work. Add me or I will add you.

Oh yeah... that's me. Driving this desk and computer ALLLLL day long. I just started (yesterday) doing squats at the copier. That and doing desk push ups.

Feel free to add me.
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    ZombieKillaPrincess Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I am at a desk, 8-5, most of the week.... feel free to add me! Love this idea