Liquid diets???

Options
Hi! Has anyone tried any type of liquid diet and had any good results? Looking for one to try before spring break!

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    What kind of results are you looking for?

I would not recommend a liquid diet. Instead read this thread:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    More liquid foods when trying to gain weight works...if you are trying to achieve a huge kcal deficit, wouldn't solid foods (albeit not calorically dense) be more satisfying?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    erica1j wrote: »
    I am currently on a liquid diet now. It’s going great you have to make sure you are taking multivitamin.

Why are you on a liquid diet? What's your definition of "going great"? What are you hoping to achieve with this?
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm of no help...
    9bb0a77181afa1b4fe53ca24b061f136cfca.jpg

Now that's my kind of liquid diet! <3
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I'm of no help...
    9bb0a77181afa1b4fe53ca24b061f136cfca.jpg

I tried it - lost a whole weekend!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    erica1j wrote: »
    I am currently on a liquid diet now. It’s going great you have to make sure you are taking multivitamin.

Most liquid diets are already going to include a vitamin; cheap add-in and the appearance of being healthy. Vitamins and minerals are micronutrients.

You should be looking at the big picture - macronutrients are protein, dietary fat & carbs. Fiber is essential too......does your liquid provide good protein, fat and fiber numbers?
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I have found liquids do not fill me up. Thus I do the exact opposite. I try to minimize The calories I consume from liquids and eat real low calory foods that you to to make me feel full
  • darrenbeckworth
    darrenbeckworth Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Liquid Diets might change your TDEE. No longer burning the daily 3-5 calories for chewing, you could be looking at massive gains.