Options

Replies

• Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    TAKE ANOTHER PIC!

:D

I mean sweet *kitten* christ

:D Have I told you today that you're awesome?!
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Just_J_Now wrote: »
    Then there's the dude who I thought was cool but he humble brags WAY TOO MUCH.

What is a humble brag?

When you pretend to be modest about something you really want to brag about.

This one's me

Wrong again.

I still don't understand... do you have an example?

Example "I literally just got out of bed when I snapped that selfie and these dudes really want to creep on me? really dude, gheeze"

• Smilin40
    Smilin40 Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options

What is a humble brag?

This one's me

Wrong again.

Example "I literally just got out of bed when I snapped that selfie and these dudes really want to creep on me? really dude, gheeze"

No part of that is humble though?
    I have it worse I mumble brag we’re i try to brag but it’s just a lot of mumbling.
  • Just_J_Now
    Options

What is a humble brag?

This one's me

Wrong again.

Dude, you're killing me. Maybe not the best example but point being that she wants to appear humble (just got out of bed and should look likecrap yet looks hot enough to have dudes talk to her and is putting that out there, bragging)
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    If I woo you it's one of three reasons..
    1) you're an asshat
    2) I love you
    3) the woo button is exactly where my thumb lands on my phone when I scroll... app basically you a casualty of placement. Maybe they should put the "like" there

Is this still vague?

#3.. Ive done that .. :/

I was going to make a joke about the kangaroo and the woo button but then I thought you had a funnier one in your head so just pretend I said that.

Kanga-woo?

Clever.
  • Just_J_Now
    Options
    Smilin40 wrote: »

What is a humble brag?

This one's me

Wrong again.

I have it worse I mumble brag we’re i try to brag but it’s just a lot of mumbling.

Is that the same as "selfie brag" ? asking for a friend.
  • Raquel_Mama
    Raquel_Mama Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    Oh you guys are so mean!!!! But I'm secretly kind of loving it :D does that make me mean too???? lol
  • Just_J_Now
    Options

What is a humble brag?

This one's me

Wrong again.

Dude, you're killing me. Maybe not the best example but point being that she wants to appear humble (just got out of bed and should look likecrap yet looks hot enough to have dudes talk to her and is putting that out there, bragging)

I think maybe I'm struggling with the literal nature of humble vs bragging. Or I totally understood what you meant from the beginning >:)

I know it's the latter which I why I'm going over to kickyourass. :angry:
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

What is a humble brag?

This one's me

Wrong again.

Humble brags happen a lot on MFP, usually it's a man or woman that posts a selfie and complains about their body while others are looking at them saying you look fantastic then they continue about how they look horrible.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    If I woo you it's one of three reasons..
    1) you're an asshat
    2) I love you
    3) the woo button is exactly where my thumb lands on my phone when I scroll... app basically you a casualty of placement. Maybe they should put the "like" there

Is this still vague?

#3.. Ive done that .. :/

I was going to make a joke about the kangaroo and the woo button but then I thought you had a funnier one in your head so just pretend I said that.

Kanga-woo?

Clever.

Don't encourage him :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.